Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first bought the bike i swapped the stock turn signals for a cheap set of led signals. They all worked for awhile, then the front left quit. I came back from deployment after the bike sat for 6 months, and the only signal that worked was the rear left. I went out and bought the Whitewall Choppers turn signal eliminator kit (front and rear) from JP cycles. Install went good. Only the right rear worked when i finished the install. I found the front right wiring was swapped. After i fixed that and installed the load equalizer, now the right side works. I went and measured voltage at the front and rear left and i get less than 1 VDC. So i am guessing my ACM is fried...am i correct? Wanted to get some opinions before i dropped the cash for an ACM.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
right path unfortunately...

Sorry to say but I think you're on the right path. Just for good measure try to hook up the known good leds to the possible bad side; or the possible bad lights(that are new) to the side thats working. Do a little reading too, I hear the left sides are wired backwards( look about five post subjects back) and you know you need the diode for your year; if the lights correct but the diode is backwards you'll shunt the voltage(atleast to a multimeter you will). Since the ACM probably costs a pretty penny I'd do some swapping first, jmho.

On a side note, welcome home and thanks for your service. Let us know if you ever make it up to Norfolk and we'll go for a ride.

J

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked through the threads and even did a search for "diode". Not seeing anything. Guessing i might have to take the seat off again and try doing a continuity test to make sure the wiring is good going to the signals. Maybe i lost a ground in there somewhere. The rain today is going to keep me from looking at it, so hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hydrocodone and alcohol....

So the title says it all. What I call a diode is the voltage equalizer, and upon lookng for the posts in question I can see one was your unresolved one and one that you've read already. Sorry for the goose chase. Hit me up when your back, I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot it. Probably gonna need that ACM as your previous lights may have burned the current one up(not my experience with these bikes, just bad experience...). Minimum we can splice your current lights into my bike to verify they work, go from there. Let me know.

J

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
IIRC, it's the right front that has reversed polarity.Not the left front. And that will cause ACM failure if it is hooked up wrong. A few years back, there were a lot of people smoking the ACM's that way. I don't understand why Victory did that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's not called a diode or a voltage equalizer. It's call a load equalizer and it's function is to draw additional current so the LED will function as it doesn't draw enough current on it's own to make the circuit happy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts