Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday pushing my bike into the garage that there is noticeable drag when pushing my bike with it off and pulling in the clutch. Now it's not there when the bike is in neutral which makes me believe my clutch is dragging a bit even when it is pulled in. I dont like the sound of that. Or is this just because that belt is turning the drivetrain when not in neutral.

I figured I'd ask. There is just a bit of play in my clutch lever so its not like its too tight, and i dont believe its that loose but i wanted to see if this was normal or not before i changed anything.

Thanks

·
13,235 Posts
grab your cable at the housing and pull it. The cable silver end should come out a 1/8" no more
squeezing lever will not tell you free play.

yes clutch will drag when motor is not running cause your clutch plates are covered with oil

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with statement visionjohnny, "Yes clutch will drag when motor is not running cause your clutch plates are covered with oil". By the way when was the last time did you change your oil and what weight are you using? Motor oil has an important role when it comes with the clutch mechanism.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
What cable lube is recommended for these plastic coated clutch cables.

VJ. I checked my clutch cable this morning (cold motor) and it was too tight. I adjusted the way you described an now have about an 1/8 inch free play at the clutch cable coming out of the sheath to the clutch cam in the top of the motor/tranny. This OK?

·
13,235 Posts
sounds good. You never can adjust your clutch when it warm or hot always over nigh cold.
Look in tech forum you can find a service manul to dowload to your computer
Good Riding

·
Registered
851 Posts

VJ. I checked my clutch cable this morning (cold motor) and it was too tight. I adjusted the way you described an now have about an 1/8 inch free play at the clutch cable coming out of the sheath to the clutch cam in the top of the motor/tranny. This OK?
According to page 69 of the 2011 Cross Country/Roads owners manual...none. Just lube the barrel ends.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Try using motion pro cable lube. Been also using this with my dirt bike and works well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts