Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Dunno....do you know what lope is....
Its a engine running inneficiently at the revs its at.
Normally a big cammed engine runs at its best in the upper rev range and the lope at idle is a by product of that.

Since Vics breathe really well anyway and idle twice as high as a HD anyway then that cammy lope just aint natural.

Would go well on a 'bikes parked' night, combined with coloured lights and such.
Add some fringed leather tassels for the Indian 'tribe'.

·
Registered
352 Posts
not dead...... however , in a deep deep slumber.

Peter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Form what I see on llyodz facebook page looks to me like he is more focused in Indian now.

I think even llyodz has put our vics on the back burner in regards to developing new stuff

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Never saw the point in it.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Never saw the point in it.
How true...if you wanted that sound you'd buy a Harley.
As Lloyd says in his clip it's subject to interest...and obviously very little interest.
After all most of us are out riding not standing around parking lots listening to our lopes:devil

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Do you know what lope is....
Its a engine running inneficiently at the revs its at.
Normally a big cammed engine runs at its best in the upper rev range and the lope at idle is a by product of that.

Since Vics breathe really well and idle twice as high as a HD anyway then that cammy lope just aint natural.
Wrong...
1. Harleys make better low end than Victorys usually.
2. Harleys idle at 1000 rpm. Lope and idle speed are not related.
3. Harleys lope because they have a single throttle body on a "Y" intake.

When a 'lope kit' is too tough for everybody else... it's just right for me.
www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/174761-lope-victory.html

·
Premium Member
13,412 Posts
How true...if you wanted that sound you'd buy a Harley.
As Lloyd says in his clip it's subject to interest...and obviously very little interest.
After all most of us are out riding not standing around parking lots listening to our lopes:devil
From a purely purist point of view I agree but we Americans love that lopey sound.

Did I miss it or did someone say this product is no longer available?

H_C is this the product that Lloydz made to make the lope? Did it come pre-drilled? I'd love to have that sound on my KP at idle. I can't tell the difference between yours and a similarly set up HD. They sound the same to my ear.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
But but but there are are a whole lot of reasons why I didn't buy a 2016 or older Harley. Plus some reasons why I didn't buy a 2017 Harley. That has nothing to do with making this sound at the end of this video. If he doesn't want to make the kit available. Then why not detail how it is done and let the rest of the world decide its fate? I wouldn't keep it in a safe and just ignore all the questions about it. It doesn't sound too loud to me in the video. If there isn't a big drop in HP it is doable.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
HC,

Your KP sounds great, I love it! If my CCT could sound like that without any loss in performance I'd go for it. You could likely sell as many "kits" as you'd want to make. I don't know the details or the background on why Lloyd started, seemed to get mad at and then stopped his Lope Kit project. Maybe too many Victory owners some how felt obligated to complain that if they 'wanted an H-D sound they'd buy an H-D' kind of nonsense. Some don't seem to understand they weren't going to 'have to' buy one.
I know it's selfish on my part but I hope you keep your KP for many years to come. You always have real world facts, logic and common sense on your side of Victory Motorcycles performance discussions.

Happy New Year To You Sir,

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
HC,

Your KP sounds great, I love it! If my CCT could sound like that without any loss in performance I'd go for it. You could likely sell as many "kits" as you'd want to make. I don't know the details or the background on why Lloyd started, seemed to get mad at and then stopped his Lope Kit project. Maybe too many Victory owners some how felt obligated to complain that if they 'wanted an H-D sound they'd buy an H-D' kind of nonsense. Some don't seem to understand they weren't going to 'have to' buy one.
I know it's selfish on my part but I hope you keep your KP for many years to come. You always have real world facts, logic and common sense on your side of Victory Motorcycles performance discussions.

Happy New Year To You Sir,
I appreciate your kind words, Mark. Hard to believe it's 2018 and a year since Victory announced they were closing the doors. I hope the new year brings you good fortune and happiness.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That KP is the most amazing Victory I have read about in the last two months of heavy research of the Victory Forum world here and the Vog. That launch on the strip is priceless. Is it me or some other reason I have never seen a pic like that of an HD in a similar class as someone's avatar. Its just too rich to me. I grew up on a 1957 Panhead, and owned it for 22 years. I see this guys Avatar and my jaw drops...WTF :ltr:

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
That KP is the most amazing Victory I have read about in the last two months of heavy research of the Victory Forum world here and the Vog. That launch on the strip is priceless.
Believe me, there are lots of bikes quicker/faster than this one... But thanx.

That picture is actually when passing the 60' clock (orange box). The launch looked like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Why anyone would want a victory to sound like a hd is beyond me, i hated that sound, i tried all kinds of tuning and pipes to get rid of it on my hd...why i bought a victory, doesnt sound like an old beat up tractor!

·
Premium Member
13,412 Posts
Why anyone would want a victory to sound like a hd is beyond me, i hated that sound, i tried all kinds of tuning and pipes to get rid of it on my hd...why i bought a victory, doesnt sound like an old beat up tractor!
Because that's what makes the world go round. It would be really boring if we all liked the same things. No challenge.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. While it is not my cup-a-tea, I support anyone who wants to change their bike in this way.

·
Premium Member
13,412 Posts
Thats the point of my post ...why does everyone want to sound the same (like hd)
I can't speak for everyone but I basically spent the better part of my life on HD's. That sound brings back good memories for me and I happen to like it. I don't dislike the exhaust note on my Vic's any less but I also wouldn't mind if my KP had this lopy sound.

The old hot rods with the cammed V8's also had this lopy sound; again - good memories.

I can appreciate the sound of a Formula One car too with its precision built engine and sound as well though. Just differently.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts