Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,174 Posts
Like you I use mine as my transportation...I've never even checked the fuel milage...don't care...when the light goes on...she's thirsty so I give her a drink. I have a V-8 in my pickup, same drill..of course that one hurts a little :laugh
I hear ya there Mags. My truck, while it does better than some in the same class thanks to a programmer that allowed me to tune it to an economy mode using 87 octane (speaking of octane's) still drinks much more than my CRV and in the next couple of days I'm going to pick up a little Saturn SL1 with a timing chain, not belt, so it should last a while and get 30+ mpg. Save the truck for more local driving utility work, the little car for when I need to travel a ways but still need some room to carry stuff, and the bikes for fun and general traveling. Really too much for just little old me but I think I'm going to use the CRV as an UBER car to make some extra money here and there as I want to.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
250 miles? More like 250 kilometers. You like to marinate over the BS when you respond to my posts much?
yup ..... 250 Km sounds as the maximum for me too, 1:14 Liter: Kilometre ....

we must have this vegetable petrol over here ....

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I get 375ish km to a tank... I ride WOT all the way to 5th gear. I ride secondary roads at 70-75 mph, slab at 90mph give or take. Why are you guys getting such poor mileage? I don't recall my old Highball getting any less than 350km to a tank.

·
Premium Member
13,174 Posts
I get 375ish km to a tank... I ride WOT all the way to 5th gear. I ride secondary roads at 70-75 mph, slab at 90mph give or take. Why are you guys getting such poor mileage? I don't recall my old Highball getting any less than 350km to a tank.
:devil:devil:devil

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Just to piss off Popevil, I'll toss this in....
I have run out of gas once after 265 miles of twisty, two lane mountain riding in mostly lower gears. My XR can produce 50 mpg regularly and even get as much as 60 mpg sometimes. But that bothers me - is it running too lean? But every time I pull the plugs, they are mildly sooty. Go figger.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I think its the quality of petrol that decides the Km/liter
maximum i ever got is 1:17 Km/L but I normally get 1:14 Km/L

all other Victory's here get the same numbers ..... grrrrrrrr

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
oeps .... all of us are getting of track as usual ... it's about the OCTANE

sorry OP

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
I'd never get even close to 350 kms out of a tank and my Vegas tank is 17 litres same as your old Highball.
Low fuel light generally comes on around 220-230 kms and it takes 14-15 to refill at that.
So that's 16 kms per litre, can get 18 if I really try and an all time low of 14 flogging the hell out of it two up.

On my calculator 350 divided by 17 is 20.5 kpl
Achievable I guess but running dangerously close to totally dry I'd gonna stress out an expensive fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
so OZ and Indo getting the same numbers ... when I flog the hell out of it I get 1:12 but normally full on fun riding is 1:14 Km/L .... never got 1:18 though

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
so OZ and Indo getting the same numbers ... when I flog the hell out of it I get 1:12 but normally full on fun riding is 1:14 Km/L .... never got 1:18 though

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
I can average 16-18 on my Vegas fairly easily,
hey just almost smoked a V Rod off the lights on the Spyder, I nominated a sign about 200 feet away as the finish....light went green and if the Spyder hadn't gone up in smoke when I nailed it he wouldn't have got the half bike length on us.
I was two up he was solo, and it was definitely on.
998cc Rotax V Twin only gets 10kpl but it's lots of fun!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
The mileage you wanna get out of your bike is all in how you control your right hand.
And left foot. Lug the engine and it'll suck in lots of gas that a high revving engine won't.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts