Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think in terms of trunk you cant beat the OEM. There about 1700 from the dealer (give or take). Others I have seen are all custom fabricated.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
@broggyr has one on his bike , I believe the Kuryakn model if I'm not mistaken , looks and performs awesome on his XCT . Hopefully he will chime in on this ...

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have one on my bike from Witchdoctors. I like it well enough. I installed it by myself, which worked out fine, but it would have been better with another set of hands.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one on my bike from Witchdoctors. I like it well enough. I installed it by myself, which worked out fine, but it would have been better with another set of hands.
I find his site the darned place to find stuff the way he has it organized.

I did find the rack though, thanks

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I find his site the darned place to find stuff the way he has it organized.

I did find the rack though, thanks
I agree that it could be better. Best bet I have found is to use his search feature and then narrow it down.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
@broggyr has one on his bike , I believe the Kuryakn model if I'm not mistaken , looks and performs awesome on his XCT . Hopefully he will chime in on this ...
Not only will I chime in, here's the entire thread on it :D :D
http://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/82313-kuryakyn-luggage-rack-7159-a.html

I tried the Harley rack but either it's weak or I'm strong because I broke 2 of the legs off when "gently bending" them to fit the XCT trunk.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not only will I chime in, here's the entire thread on it :D :D
http://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/82313-kuryakyn-luggage-rack-7159-a.html

I tried the Harley rack but either it's weak or I'm strong because I broke 2 of the legs off when "gently bending" them to fit the XCT trunk.
Don't bend them.

I used some simple extension sleeves and longer bolts I got from Lowes. For the minimal angles at the base/trunk, the little black 'bushings' (or whatchamacallits) handled that. I drilled the holes straight to the rack legs rather than perpendicular to the edge of the trunk lid.

Works for me and I've had a lot more weight on it than is recommended for the trunk capacity itself.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's a good price. How was the fit & finish? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!
I'm at almost 3 years without any issues.

Whatever you do, always install a much larger washer or fabricate something as a 'brace' or 'support' for the underside of the trunk lid where the bolts go. This helps to distribute pressure out over a wider area and will prevent cracking at the bolt holes.

BTW, I'm not 100% certain mine is exactly the same as the link I posted. I think mine is a little narrower and I got it direct from the Harley shop but I couldn't find that item on their site.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went with Kuryakn rack, mostly because of the price. Its strong and well made. No regrets!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts