Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealer near me has a 2013 XC with less than 600 miles for $15,900

The bike is black, with tri-oval exhaust, Level one map and a removable back rest.

I think I would get about 11k for my trade. So is the 15.9k a good deal? Seems with these upgrades it is.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A dealer near me has a 2013 XC with less than 600 miles for $15,900

The bike is black, with tri-oval exhaust, Level one map and a removable back rest.

I think I would get about 11k for my trade. So is the 15.9k a good deal? Seems with these upgrades it is.

Thanks,
Bill
Price for that new with those extras is $20,300, retail book value for a stock one used is $16,000. So without the exhaust and backrest it's priced right on the retail value (nobody pays retail) but, it does come with $1,300 in extras so I think it's a good deal. Plus its barely even used which is a bonus. Short version, yeah, go for it!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think it's a good deal because I just paid 16500 for a new XC in black. That bike has the extras which is another 1500 in upgrades.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Yes, that's a nice price. Make certain it had its 500 mile service. If not, they should include it.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Getting a "new" bike for under $5K is not bad. That's $1,000/year rent for the old one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
cc was that 16.5 for a new MC? This one is actually used.

I think I am going for it.
Yes my dealer took 2500 off the retail price. Mine is brand new. You have a great deal there. They gave me a great trade in also. I bought a 09 Street Glide slightly used in 09 for 16000 which was a steal. They gave me 14500 so I only lost 1500 in 3 years plus a lower interest rate. It was a no brainer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I am going for it. The 08 VV has straight gears in the trans so its loud. The 13 is quiet and smooth. It also has a positive neutral and that is nice. ABS is good but the VV had linked so that was good too. The XC is faster, lighter, more hard bag storage Yep, talked myself into it. Ha

Bill

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I think I would get about 11k for my trade.
Bill
A 2008 VV tour Prem with 20K miles.
Based solely on your post in this thread, it does not appear that the dealer offered you $11K so I have to ask...
"Did the dealer say that they would give you $11K for your VV or are you simply extrapolating based on used resale values?"

Remember that dealers are in this to make money, not to simply sell bikes at a break even point. If they are actually giving you anything over $9,500 for your '08 (in trade value), they are being generous. Jump on the deal NOW before they come back to reality! cheers

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's a heart thing. If your heart says it's a deal, then it is. You don't need our affirmations.

Here's the cold wind of reason. This is the third week of July, high summer. Dealers have by now gotten a look at the 2014's and are ramping up for the year end stuff beginning in August. This is prime selling time, late but still prime.

August is two weeks from now. That will start a couple of months of aisle clearing and the best deals of the year on 2013's and anything older but still new taking up space.

Again a deal is not based on other peoples cost or the blue book or even new versus used. A deal is deciding what you want and then what it is worth to you. If what you are buying is better than what you want and/or the price is better than what you are comfortable paying that deal is now a good or great deal.

Just saying any current inventory is starting to feel pressure to get moved out. That pressure increases right through fall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At first they said 10.5K for my VV but then they said when I bring it in that if it is as clean as I said 11K was doable.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
At first they said 10.5K for my VV but then they said when I bring it in that if it is as clean as I said 11K was doable.
thumb up Get it there...YESTERDAY! thumb up;):D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went over the numbers again today with the dealer and he confirmed so I put a deposit down.

Going in Wednesday to finalize.

Hate to sell the VV. When I rode it for the first time I knew I had never been on a better machine. I will say the XC gives nothing up in riding to the VV. Of course I lose the heated grips, seat and great wind management (lowers and elec wind screen) BUT going from an 08 to a 13 has obvious advantages we all know.

Thanks guys!

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts