Registered
246 Posts
Jackpot...

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jackpot...
Thanks man, how did you know? What are the differences?

Is 8,500 a fair deal for this bike? After all it is a 2008, I was leaning towards a 2009 Jackpot with the 106 and a Custom paint Job with under 8,000 miles and possibly pipes and intake. Trying to stay around 10,500-11,000 cash.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
So just the Jackpot and Hammer have a wide rear tire, and not the Vegas?
The easy way to remember is:
Vegas + (wide tire) = Jackpot
Hammer + (wide tire) = Hammer S

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The easy way to remember is:
Vegas + (wide tire) = Jackpot
Hammer + (wide tire) = Hammer S
Good info: thumb up

Although,

My 2006 Hammer has a wide tire and it's not a "S" version as far as I know anyway. :eek:

Is that 2008 Jackpot, stock with 1056 miles worth 8,500 dollars? Would you pay that much for it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks man, how did you know? What are the differences?

Is 8,500 a fair deal for this bike? After all it is a 2008, I was leaning towards a 2009 Jackpot with the 106 and a Custom paint Job with under 8,000 miles and possibly pipes and intake. Trying to stay around 10,500-11,000 cash.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the 106 vs 100. Aftermarket exhaust a intake will put you up there with a stock 106. A mild cam would take you even beyond that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
All the hammers have the 250 on the rear..

Yeah all hammers have the rear 250.

When I bought my 2010 Jackpot all the paperwork called it a Vegas Jackpot so CR comment on the Vegas with big wheel is a Jackpot is kind of correct but because of the bigger fender on back the parts aren't necessary interchangable. ( example: Can't put a Vegas seat on a Jackpot ) So long story short it alwayed confussed me why the call it a Vegas Jackpot, which it states in the ad of the OPer's post. thumb up

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't be too concerned about the 106 vs 100. Aftermarket exhaust a intake will put you up there with a stock 106. A mild cam would take you even beyond that.

I just bought 495 cams and springs for my 2006 Hammer with 100ci. Do you think they would fit on the 2008 Jackpot with the 100ci motor?

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
My bad, as corrected, the wide tire rule of thumb does not apply to the Hammer! :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just bought 495 cams and springs for my 2006 Hammer with 100ci. Do you think they would fit on the 2008 Jackpot with the 100ci motor?
Shouldn't be any issue its the exact same power plant. Only difference in the jpot and hammer other than the cosmetics is that the hammer's engine map is programmed to get a little more performance at different rpm's. When I exchanged my stage one air box for a s&s intake the mechanic remapped my motor with the hammer program. It was cheaper at the time and the best way to get a little more oomph without buying another fuel programmer.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My bad, as corrected, the wide tire rule of thumb does not apply to the Hammer! :eek:

I apologize for correcting you. My intentions were good. :eek:

Shouldn't be any issue its the exact same power plant. Only difference in the jpot and hammer other than the cosmetics is that the hammer's engine map is programmed to get a little more performance at different rpm's. When I exchanged my stage one air box for a s&s intake the mechanic remapped my motor with the hammer program. It was cheaper at the time and the best way to get a little more oomph without buying another fuel programmer.

I know there are obviously some changes made from 2006-2008 100ci bikes. I just wasn't sure if the actual motor was different in any way. My goal is to sell my Hammer. It's got a 106 Stroker Kit, with 460 Racing cams. I was going to replace the 460 cams with the 495 ones. But if I end up buying another 100ci victory motor. Maybe those 495 cams and springs would be of better use in the new bike. No reason to put em in the hammer if I'm selling it.

Ha, it's easy to get it mixed up sometimes. cheers!!

No kidding, that Vegas/Jackpot is confusing enough. ;)

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
I apologize for correcting you. My intentions were good. :eek:
No worries. I am glad you guys said something, or it would have mislead other folks reading this... cheers

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can someone help me understand the differences between the 100ci motors in 2006, and the 100ci motors in 2008.

I was thinking about the Power Commander 5 for the 2008 Jackpot. But I know for a fact you can only put the Power Commander 3 on the 06 bikes with the 100ci motor.

I also think the throttle body's are different between those years.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can someone help me understand the differences between the 100ci motors in 2006, and the 100ci motors in 2008.

I was thinking about the Power Commander 5 for the 2008 Jackpot. But I know for a fact you can only put the Power Commander 3 on the 06 bikes with the 100ci motor.

Other than the relocation of the oil cooler and the closed throttle loop I'm not aware of any. Need to ask a tech to be for sure. Wouldn't want to steer you wrong.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts

Open loop (pre 2008), and closed loop (post 2008). What does it mean to you? You're more restricted in what you can do on a 2008 and newer model, if you plan any engine mods. PCIII is for pre 2008 models and PCV is for 2008 and newer.

08 and newer models do not need the throttle bodies cleaning, while models prior to 08 need it every 5,000 miles (or every other oil change).

Otherwise, you're comparing two bullet-proof motors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts