Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am doing my best to fall in love with a cross country. I have never been a fairing type of guy. I did however find my dream bike.

http://blog.arlenness.com/blog1.php/2009/07/23/2010-victory-cross-country-cory-ness-sty

My goal is to find a 2012/13 cross country with a paint scheme similar to the above. Dark Blue/ Black. I won't be able to afford a 2014 with custom paint. I'm planning on trading my Hammer in and paying 13/14,000 cash.

I think that front rake, and 21-23" tire on the front of the cross county's look amazing. Probably one of the coolest bikes on the road.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the 2012 Cory Ness Cross Country:

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my uncle has a 2012 Ness CC for sale. It's in Alabama, has just under 5k miles. Rear passenger seat back as well. I think he is asking 19k.
I live in North Central Oregon.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a low numbers bike, and if it's what you want then what the hell does distance matter? G/L......
If the paint scheme was like the top picture. Dark Blue/ with Black Flames. I would consider flying out to look at it. I don't come from money.

I have 14,000 dollars and a 06 Victory Hammer with a 106 stroker kit. No credit. ;)

Do you have any pictures? Or a link to your Uncles add? The 2nd picture I uploaded of the 12' Ness CC. That is not even close to that 2010 paint scheme in the first picture. I don't mind buying slightly used with a paint scheme like the first bike. ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey guys,

I am doing my best to fall in love with a cross country. I have never been a fairing type of guy. I did however find my dream bike.

http://blog.arlenness.com/blog1.php/2009/07/23/2010-victory-cross-country-cory-ness-sty

My goal is to find a 2012/13 cross country with a paint scheme similar to the above. Dark Blue/ Black. I won't be able to afford a 2014 with custom paint. I'm planning on trading my Hammer in and paying 13/14,000 cash.

I think that front rake, and 21-23" tire on the front of the cross county's look amazing. Probably one of the coolest bikes on the road.
Im pretty Sure this was a custom built by Ness not a production model

Edit: i think that is Zach Ness sitting on the bike

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can take a 12-13 CC.

Put the rake kit on it, then the 21-23" tire and make is look bad ass.

But you cannot touch that specific paint job without spending 3,000+.

I guess all I can say is I might go the 2014 CC 8-Ball and do the rake and front tire next year.

Then possibly find a custom painter down the road that would do some wheeling and dealing.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cory Ness road this sturgis this year
That is another beautiful bike.

I have seen so many Ness Signature bikes out there and none of them are appealing to me. But these dark blue and black paint schemes on the CC's are very very cool. WOW

I just noticed something, that fairing is pretty SIC looking. But I would not want to ride that bike at night with a tiny little flashlight headlight. LOL

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
13,038 Posts

·
13,038 Posts
If you have stock exhaust put them out and sell your out right
There not giving you any money for extras I bet

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
used Cross bikes up here sell for 15 and less
I can get a Black 2013 CrossCountry Brand Spankin new for 16,500. 1,000 off making room for new inventory, and 1,000 off for me being prior military. Brought it down to 16,500.

If they give me 5-6 for my Hammer. Then I am only spending 10.5-11 cash.

Might be my best bet. Walk away with a brand new 2013 cross county. I would still have enough money to do the +6 rake, and 21" tire.

That would be Awesome. thumb up

Then off to the pipes and intake next year.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I can get a Black 2013 CrossCountry Brand Spankin new for 16,500. 1,000 off making room for new inventory, and 1,000 off for me being prior military. Brought it down to 16,500.

If they give me 5-6 for my Hammer. Then I am only spending 10.5-11 cash.

Might be my best bet. Walk away with a brand new 2013 cross county. I would still have enough money to do the +6 rake, and 21" tire.

That would be Awesome. thumb up

Then off to the pipes and intake next year.[/

Not a bad deal if you think of it on retail pricing. I think the Black XC retails for 18k, if you trade for 10k then your getting the money you want from Hammer.. Just another prospective.
My old man taught its the "to boot" money that matters.
I traded my 08 Hammer on a red blacked out XC for just under 12k.
Probably could have done better but those fat tire bikes are hard to move around here.
Good luck with your deal.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
But you cannot touch that specific paint job without spending 3,000+.
There ARE painters that would do that paint job for a fair bit less. The guys @ HotVic do custom paint on a LOT of bikes and I would be willing to bet that they would do the tins for less (maybe $2K)? Afterall, they DID do one in a very similar paint scheme around the same time that picture was put up. How do I know you ask? Because I talked to them about possibly buying it before they found me my '11 Ness XC. Search here or on the other Victory forums and you will find a pic of that bike with it's lady owner. Note: it IS a lighter, more metallic blue.

Or you could always simply buy mine for say... $20,995 as I am trying to roll my cash into a new real estate property (for the next two days and then the price goes up...LOL)

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
There ARE painters that would do that paint job for a fair bit less. The guys @ HotVic do custom paint on a LOT of bikes and I would be willing to bet that they would do the tins for less (maybe $2K)? Afterall, they DID do one in a very similar paint scheme around the same time that picture was put up. How do I know you ask? Because I talked to them about possibly buying it before they found me my '11 Ness XC. Search here or on the other Victory forums and you will find a pic of that bike with it's lady owner. Note: it IS a lighter, more metallic blue.

Or you could always simply buy mine for say... $20,995 as I am trying to roll my cash into a new real estate property (for the next two days and then the price goes up...LOL)
Removing all your tins, packaging them up and sending them to the guys @hotvic would cost a few bucks. But I'm sure they would do a phenomenal job. And I might be checking into something like that in the near future.

What does your bike look like? Photos?

·
Registered
597 Posts
just picked up a 2013

1 - 20 of 165 Posts