·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyway, I just mounted my Mustang seat on my pin. There's alot space where the peak of the seat meets the tank, and when I sit I can see the bolt for the tank

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
640 Posts
i bought mine with the mustang seat already on it. And mine is the same way.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found it odd it didn't come with the front tab like the vic seat. But I loosened it up and pushed it forward, tightened up again looks better now

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The other that is messing me up, my saddlebags with ghost brackets. They are truly a pain to get on which I can't. Any one suggestions? I was thinking stacking washers all my spacers are used up from the brackets.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I do think it's normal or at least common, mine is also the same way. It doesn't bother me though, it did at first but I don't even notice anymore and nobody else has noticed it while looking over my bike.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
How much comfort improvement is the Mustang over the stock Victory seat. I know I'm sore after 200 miles on my stock seat and wife complains about tailbone discomfort. Riding with Kingpin Tour seating.
I'd suspect your touring seats to be close to what the mustang seats are. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by Mustang. I put 500 miles on the Pin with stock seats. The wife complained about 90 miles in and my rear started getting sore at around 130. At the 500 mile mark I had Mustang touring seats installed by the dealer. I'm good for a couple hundred or more the ole lady complains before that but much farther than the 90 miles. I don't think the passenger seat has the same comfort as the driver on almost all seats.
I've been told that it takes around 10,000 miles (give or take) to really break in a seat.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the me the stock solo seat sucked. I ran the flamed bandit seat is was good, but for me again not perfect, but looks freakin awesome on the bike. The mustang is perfect for my arse, I hadn't taken on long long ride yet, but the short time on it I felt no comfort issues, apart from sitting at a light. The seat is a wide tour so I feel it a little on the inner thighs.

Once I had pushed the seat forward the gap is much less, with my weight on I can see the bolt but no biggy. It might be a god send, maybe when it rains, the water will go in the gap and not on my nuts:ltr:

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Takes that long for your a$$ to break into the seat.

Not so long...just one year. I don't know how much truth there is to the miles to breaking in a seat...or breaking in your rear. I seem to be able to ride much longer at a time now vs a year ago.

·
Registered
837 Posts
How much comfort improvement is the Mustang over the stock Victory seat. I know I'm sore after 200 miles on my stock seat and wife complains about tailbone discomfort. Riding with Kingpin Tour seating.
Enough to make me spend over $500. Stock seats look good and that is about it. I could not do 200 miles on the stock seat.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought my seats from member on the v$g 300 bucks. Look around the forums, on ebay I didn't find many used. There is a site motorcycleseats.Com I think pretty cheap I want sure about it thou couldn't find many reviews for them

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
The Mustang seat is much better than the stock touring seat, imo. I could ride all day on my old KP with the Mustang seat, but not with the stock touring seat it came with.

Also, as the OP may have already discovered, the two seat bolts on the side can be loosened, and the seat can be moved around a little bit to minimize the gap. Then snug the bolts back down. Also, there is a very minute amount of adjustment that can be done with the tank itself, by loosening the two front strap bolts and the rear bolt under the seat. Make sure it is centered and as rearward as possible. Then, put the seat back on and slide it as far forward as the bolts allow. Voila, there should be little to no gap at all.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Never thought of adjusting the tank back, something when I get home, if I don't melt today lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts