Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My belt always rides on the right side of the rear sprocket. Is this normal? I have tried many times through adjustments to get it to ride down the center but never does. Always to the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's where mine has been since day 1. Dunno if it's normal or not but I get no belt squeal and it doesn't appear to be causing any abnormal wear.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Mine also I did try to center it but it didn't ever stay.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Mines been like that long as I remember,
Not a problem,
Had a central stone hole for 12,000 miles,
Not a problem,
Love my Victory, think I'll go for a ride,
Not a problem.
All Good.

·
Registered
445 Posts
As the manual says. Looking from the rear of the bike. Bike on a stand and rear wheel off the ground.

Adjust the belt's tension spinning the wheel backwards. At the correct tension the belt should be touching the outside of the rear drive sprocket.

The last adjustment you make is to roll the wheel in a forward direction and tighten the left adjuster until the belt just starts to move towards the left and off the hard side of the sprocket.

If you check the sides of the belt you'll see if it's shinny and rubbing. Also your back rim will be covered in rubber dust.

That's my understanding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My KP is the same way. I have wasted countless hours trying to get it centered and it was a lost cause. I went to the dealer after my attempt and they were all off to one side or the other. That's when I decided to call it good. It doesn't squeak so I will leave well enough alone.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
That's where mine has been since day 1. Dunno if it's normal or not but I get no belt squeal and it doesn't appear to be causing any abnormal wear.
Exactly the same with my 2012 CCT.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts