Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY are there so many comments/replies on this page (VISION Owners) from NON-VISION owners??? Is this not the reason the forum is divided into the different bike categories?? I'm not trying to be mean BUT if a VISION owner is asking a question about a VISION part or how-to or whatever, he/she does not want to get a response from an C/C owner or a HighBall owner or a Jackpot owner or OTHER owner.... just sayin :confused: wac

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
WHY are there so many comments/replies on this page (VISION Owners) from NON-VISION owners??? Is this not the reason the forum is divided into the different bike categories?? I'm not trying to be mean BUT if a VISION owner is asking a question about a VISION part or how-to or whatever, he/she does not want to get a response from an C/C owner or a HighBall owner or a Jackpot owner or OTHER owner.... just sayin :confused: wac
a) These bikes ain't all that different from one another aside from some swoopy body work

b) Personally, I usually just peruse the active topics for interesting posts and don't pay attention to their origins

c) I've never ridden a Vision, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey MeSeaHunt,

I for one am verrry grateful if a CC owner or a Jackpot owner has something to add on a Vision issue and takes the time to do so. There are a lot of similarities and a lot of very experienced Victory riders who don't own Visions but can, and do, add significantly to discussions.

It's fine to say that YOU don't want other input, but your post above indicates that you are speaking for the rest of us as well, and I, for one, am quite happy for the status quo to remain....;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey MeSeaHunt,

I for one am verrry grateful if a CC owner or a Jackpot owner has something to add on a Vision issue and takes the time to do so. There are a lot of similarities and a lot of very experienced Victory riders who don't own Visions but can, and do, add significantly to discussions.

It's fine to say that YOU don't want other input, but your post above indicates that you are speaking for the rest of us as well, and I, for one, am quite happy for the status quo to remain....;)

Then the entire forum needs to be a "general" discussion and not divided into categories, otherwise whats the purpose :confused:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Then the entire forum needs to be a "general" discussion and not divided into categories, otherwise whats the purpose :confused:
Maybe we'll limit you to post only in the Vision forum. Then you can report what your medicine tastes like. :p :ltr:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe we'll limit you to post only in the Vision forum. Then you can report what your medicine tastes like. :p :ltr:

works for me big guy, that is all I visit since that is my interest, why browse/post on something you don't own or have knowledge on, I'm just not that bored, this is not facebook, its a learning/informative tool but unfortunately the majority of comment is OPINION & you know what they say about opinions..... go ahead and Rx that doc thumb up

·
13,235 Posts
At the top of the page is Fourm click on that and scroll down to the vision section

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the top of the page is Fourm click on that and scroll down to the vision section

O my gosh, are u being serious..... I AM NOT THE ONE WHO HAS THE PROBLEM FINDING THE CORRECT SECTION OF BIKE I OWN, HENCE THE THREAD TITLE!!! wac

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
works for me big guy, that is all I visit since that is my interest, why browse/post on something you don't own or have knowledge on, I'm just not that bored, this is not facebook, its a learning/informative tool but unfortunately the majority of comment is OPINION & you know what they say about opinions..... go ahead and Rx that doc thumb up
Sounds like we've got a big baby on board. No worries, we love babies too - we'll cradle you more often, and all should be good. cheers

Well, as others have already pointed out, various Victory models share the same components and characteristics, making it easy to help a fellow rider on a different model. Ownership of a bike model can be achieved with money. However, knowledge of that bike model cannot be bought. :cool: The forum's free for everyone to read and for members in good standing to post to. Limiting someone to post only if they own a certain model sounds more like a narrow minded club, and we don't discriminate against skin color, paint color, or bike model. :D Feel free to create one, though there are plenty already out there.

If all else fails, remember that posting on a forum will usually get you a helpful answer, even though it will often include some folks' opinions. And if used right, opinions can be helpful too, as they force you to see other points of view you might not have otherwise considered.

P.S.: I see you've posted in non-Vision forums, like the Cross Country / Cross Roads forum. What's up with that?!

·
Registered
755 Posts
O my gosh, are u being serious..... I AM NOT THE ONE WHO HAS THE PROBLEM FINDING THE CORRECT SECTION OF BIKE I OWN, HENCE THE THREAD TITLE!!! wac
Man GTFO of here.
Yeah I have a Vegas. Eat ****.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man GTFO of here.
Yeah I have a Vegas. Eat ****.

as gump says; u can't fix stupid..... u are an ace student, now take a bar of soap to ur mommy so she can wash ur mouth out :ltr:

·
Registered
111 Posts
An once of hypocrisy is worth a pound of ****

hy·poc·ri·sy /hiˈpäkrisē/

Noun: The practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Seems as if MeSeaHunt has forgotten that he had posted a reply to a thread in the Cross Bike section of the board earlier this month.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
So... let me tell you about my new puppy. She's really something. Almost like a person really.

Too bad I don't have a pic of this white and black shaggy dog to show you...

Yup. That was an effort to change the subject or at least turn this thread into something worth reading. :D

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
So... let me tell you about my new puppy. She's really something. Almost like a person really.

Too bad I don't have a pic of this white and black shaggy dog to show you...

Yup. That was an effort to change the subject or at least turn this thread into something worth reading. :D
I'm with ya.......there probably isn't a single person on this thread who you wouldn't enjoy sharing a beverage with......We serve no purpose by tearing each other down.... I hope we chose to be civil .... and I was fond of saying to the Gunny in the section I ran.......You can always tell a Marine....Ya just can't tell em much!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
why you no rissen :confused::confused:

There are similarities in the Victory models. I learnt about a gearbox "neutral noise" fix from both a CC and a Jackpot rider. I also found out what the white dribble from the spark plugs was from a Highball rider. I posted these on the Vision forum and a very helpful rider happened to see it and responded. They hadn't heard about the gearbox fix out here in OZ, and have now fixed it.thumb up

Besides, I have seen some comments on Visions from Vision riders that are incorrect anyway, so why limit ? If, heaven forbid", you broke down somewhere and a passing Jackpot rider stopped because he could see what your issue was, would you send him away??? I sure wouldn't, and I'd buy him a beer afterwards.cheers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts