Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked up TPS p/n and found the only way you can get one is buy the whole throttle body for $369
Guess maybe you can find one at auto parts store.
Why is victory doing this. I found out on vision if stator goes out you have to upgrade to 2013 or newer and that's a kit you have to buy for
$265 and no you can use take off parts cause the crankshaft is different on both models. Yes you need a new regulator too
So will it be cheaper to buy a new bike

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
They are crazy , we , or at least I , am SMART for owning one !

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I looked up TPS p/n and found the only way you can get one is buy the whole throttle body for $369
Guess maybe you can find one at auto parts store.
Why is victory doing this. I found out on vision if stator goes out you have to upgrade to 2013 or newer and that's a kit you have to buy for
$265 and no you can use take off parts cause the crankshaft is different on both models. Yes you need a new regulator too
So will it be cheaper to buy a new bike
So what about a Ricks?

·
Registered
222 Posts
TPS is the same as other motorcycles... same old 3-pin ****.

Victory...

JP Cycles, $34...
I picked up a TPS last year from autozone. All of $12.95. Same exact part (mfg & part number match), except it's listed as a TPS for a Ford explorer/expedition.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
Cool info guys ....

Yeah Victory stands for "Vive hundred dollar"

HD stands for "hundred dollar"

·
Registered
399 Posts
Maybe it's just me but $265 for an OEM Stator doesn't seem that high. It was $150ish for a Rick's for my GSXR when that went and yes the regulator had to go too (another $120) and that's on a model that is notorious for having that combo fail.

The not being able to buy a TPS is weird but seems like it's easy enough to find when you have the right resources (read: this forum).

Also not like these are wear parts that are common to be replacing. They are common issues but again it's a frequency thing.

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its almost like Polaris/Victory doesn't want to have a warehouse full of parts or the many power to pull them. $60 dollars for one black spark plug wire or $114 for a clutch cable aftermarket clutch cable is $80 bucks.
I don't understand

·
Registered
399 Posts
Aftermarket is always cheaper than OEM. That's not really much different with cars.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Its the only real downside to Victory ownership, lousy spares backup, inability to supply small parts ( you have to buy a complete unit eg. Bullet headlight, rear brake caliper) and ridiculous prices!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Interesting finding Polaris does the same with Indian Parts as well .. Had a Slight Cracked Turn Signal Lens .. Had to buy a Complete Turn Signal Unit even though the lens was very easily removed with a screw driver and the Bulb itself was changeable as well .. No Bulbs or Lenses sold separately ..

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Well gator at least you can change the bulb if need be.
I did a post mortem on my blown license plate light on my 2010 Vegas its a sealed up unit carrying
A normal bulb inside!
I bought a Narva LED trailer light and filed it down to fit.
Wasnt game to price one out of Victory.
We certainly getting shafted!!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
On the new bikes Vic sells it with the throttle body because it is adjusted to a closed spec. Get it adjusted wrong, and it can run like crap. They are different then the pre 07.
The new style can be purchased from Walker Products for $39.99
PN 200-500MC (714)554-5151

The plug wires are $60 each for black, but Vic sells red and blue sets for $40

1 - 15 of 15 Posts