Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning a trip to Yellowstone. Im looking for a phone dock for my Samsung Gs6. Does anybody have any experience with having any and whats the best for the XC handlebars.

Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've always been a fan of the Ram Mount. It's easy to use and secure and it's really secure if you use the optional tether.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I've always been a fan of the Ram Mount. It's easy to use and secure and it's really secure if you use the optional tether.
I would agree. They are very solid mounts and I have never had an issue with mine using the X-grip on several iPhones.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would agree. They are very solid mounts and I have never had an issue with mine using the X-grip on several iPhones.
Same here..... can't go wrong with them. I've used them for years on different bikes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ram mount. Here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ram mount X type. Also have heard good things about a ciro 3d mount that has charge capabilities

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Throw my phone in the saddlebags, one less distraction from what is going on around me.
yeah mines turned off and in my inside vest pocket too

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I bought the Ram Mount X-Type and used it once when leading a ride. I pre-programmed a route into my phone and along the way, it kept changing the route on me. Parked the mount and the phone stays in my pocket while I use a paper map (remember those?) in my tank bag's window.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Well over 200,000 miles on bikes using a RAM X-Grip to hold a phone and/or a toll road transponder. 100% success, 100% of the time. I can't imagine a better bang for your buck than a RAM X-Grip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in Yellowstone a month ago, it was unforgettable. I prepared for the trip for a long time. It is important to take into account all the nuances, so as not to be in a difficult situation. I threw out my previous phone bracket as it was in an unusable state. I couldn't find a good and suitable replacement for a long time. My friend helped me and showed me a universal phone holder. He also helped to find a good quality USB cable, never had any problems.I liked the trip very much, the devices did not let me down. I advise you to take the time and buy devices a good quality for a long time

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Im a fan of my phone turned off and in an inside pocket.
If the rest of the world did that itd be much safer out there.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Australia has just upped its penalties for mobile phone use to 1K and 4 license points and possible loss of license.
Do you think its just revenue raising, cashing in on current trend of txting and facebooking while driving.
Or valid response to the deaths and crashes attributable to the modern day phenomenon?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Australia has just upped its penalties for mobile phone use to 1K and 4 license points and possible loss of license.
Do you think its just revenue raising, cashing in on current trend of txting and facebooking while driving.
Or valid response to the deaths and crashes attributable to the modern day phenomenon?
Here in the north eastern US I don't think I could take a trip anywhere without seeing someone talking on or texting on their phone. I hope that police start really cracking down on this as well as making the penalty harsher.
That being said, I am not against using my phone for GPS directions or music. The GPS works WAY better than any unit preinstalled in a radio, and of course my phone is playing what I want to hear, not what a radio DJ wants me to hear. I do feel that these uses are not as distracting as talking or typing. I'm not even against hands free talking as I don't see a difference between talking through a headset or talking to a passenger.
By the way, a few states, like the communist state of NJ have laws against talking to other people in your vehicle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts