Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 HardBall
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and am looking for a fairing for my new to me, 2012 Hardball. I understand that HB specific parts are a rarity so not too set on finding and actual HB fairing. But I'll take any leads. Thank you in advance. Peace!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The Hard Ball is no different than the Cross Roads, just flat black paint and raised handlebars (that you can lower back down if wish). Polaris made a fairing that went on the XR's, I think solid black was the only color but I could be wrong. There were a few aftermarket companies making them but I am not sure how many still are. You may want to contacting these guys.
I looked into this myself but after seeing what they look like in person I changed my mind, the fit and finish just don't go well with the XR's IMO. Slap on a shorty windshield and call it a day!

Reactions: RP808

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
When I had a cross roads (the first cousin of the hard ball), I opted for a windscreen over a fairing. I never did find a fairing that looked like it matched the bike. Well, except for the cross country fairing.,,

which was the end reason I traded in my cross roads on a cross country. Honestly, though, I think the cross roads with a windscreen rode smoother than my cross country does.

Reactions: RP808

·
Registered
2012 HardBall
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys might be right. I do have a windscreen for it that I can use on longer trips, maybe I'll stick with that. Peace.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have all 3 sizes of the OEM wind screens for my XR. I bought mine with the shorty but when Polaris dropped Victory I picked up a Medium and Tall for about $100 a piece. The medium is better for wind control but it cuts right at eye level so have only used it on a couple of long trips. The tall works the best but looks like crap on the XR's, too damn big. Shorty looks the best and if you are not a tall person then it will give great wind control.

·
Registered
2012 HardBall
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all 3 sizes of the OEM wind screens for my XR. I bought mine with the shorty but when Polaris dropped Victory I picked up a Medium and Tall for about $100 a piece. The medium is better for wind control but it cuts right at eye level so have only used it on a couple of long trips. The tall works the best but looks like crap on the XR's, too damn big. Shorty looks the best and if you are not a tall person then it will give great wind control.
I believe I have the medium screen because it is right at eye level. I'll have to check out the shorty version though. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts