Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy

does anyone have the iso-frips on their XC? seems to me they look pretty good,,,i wonder how they feel without the end weight on the stock grips? as there issues wit the cruise or other install gotcha?

thanks

and as for insurance....seems like every one has me beat....may i had better stark talking and shopping....touble is gieico is just so dang eaasy....

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I changed mine I did not notice any end weights.
If there are some inside the bars they are still there.
The ends are plastic and I just used a screwdriver to loosen the glue under the grip.
It was fairly easy, just a little tricky getting the cable ends back in
on the throttle side.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Randyyo is correct, what you are referring to as end weights are not weights. They are plastics bar end plugs that look like weights but weight less then an ounce each.

As far as the grips go they are more comfortable than the factory grips but may not work well if you have small hands. Te diameter of the grips is fairly large and people with small hands (or short fingers) may have issues reaching the brake/clutch levers.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
They are nice. They're also one of the best deals ($68) you can find on a part in the dealership labled as a Victory part. They're made by Kuryakyn and sold by Victory as Comfort Grips.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Larger grips help with my numb hand or fatigue.

I usually just add grip puppies for looks the kuryakyn looks a lot better.
They also have a flame grip that is cool.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larger grips help with my numb hand or fatigue.

I usually just add grip puppies for looks the kuryakyn looks a lot better.
They also have a flame grip that is cool.
i'm gonna go the the plain radials (or whatever) ..get em when my bag bars come in...

dirtdober - are you also over at VTXOA?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I will most likely keep mine till it has no wheels left.
It's at the painters for a face lift. Hope to get my tins back in a few weeks. A very major face lift.
Like you said then there's the XC.

I do like my XC.

take care, oh you know who TCB is don't you?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will most likely keep mine till it has no wheels left.
It's at the painters for a face lift. Hope to get my tins back in a few weeks. A very major face lift.
Like you said then there's the XC.

I do like my XC.

take care, oh you know who TCB is don't you?
sure....so tell me this is gonna be good news....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the factory heated grips, I want to keep the heat but swap to the ISO Grips? Any idea if thats possible?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Look into avon grips much like the isos but come in a heated version. And no on the your question, the element is in the grip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out heat demons. Pretty much install any grip you want. The heating element is installed inside the bars under the grip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts