Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine at work asked to sit on the bike, I obliged.... He dropped it.. I dropped it the day I got it home trying to walk it into a tight space. I was beside it and not on it and won't make that mistake again. However, when I dropped it the clutch side front peg caught it and it was no biggie. Well, this time not so lucky. The clutch lever end snapped off, the turn signal cover broke. I need these parts if anyone can point me in the right direction. thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is. He was very upset, but as we all know sh... happens. When he attempted to get off of the bike he didn't get the kick stand pushed out all the way and it rocked back when he went to set it down and there she went. I'm just glad it didn't get the tank. I looked on the bay, didn't find much and I'd prefer to stay away from the dealer to keep the costs down.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Moosehead, I'm sorry that happened to your bike, hope it all works out and you get it repaired in a timely fashion...

·
13,033 Posts
A buddy of mine at work asked to sit on the bike, I obliged.... He dropped it.. I dropped it the day I got it home trying to walk it into a tight space. I was beside it and not on it and won't make that mistake again. However, when I dropped it the clutch side front peg caught it and it was no biggie. Well, this time not so lucky. The clutch lever end snapped off, the turn signal cover broke. I need these parts if anyone can point me in the right direction. thanks
Look on ebay

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have. All the levers I've found say 05-07. I am assuming those are non-hydraulic clutch years? I actually really like the ness levers. They can be had for a little more than the oem one is. I called the dealer and the lever is $108 and the signal is 28. Not too bad on the signal but the lever.... OUCH! If the Ness levers will fit I'd prefer those. Looking at them physically I can't tell much of a difference, they both have 2 holes although I am not sure on the spacing. Can someone with more knowledge than me lmk if they'll work on my application?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Find out if the clutch lever is the same as a 2011 XR. If it is PM me your address and I'll send you a new one (still wrapped). Just so you know I wrecked last year and the dealer said my lever was scuffed so they ordered a new one which was backordered for 3 months. Rather than waiting I had them put my old lever back on.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
7517429 Screw 2 Usage
2 5134083 Sleeve, Turn Signal Mount 4 Usage
2 5134083 Sleeve, Turn Signal Mount 4 Usage
3 5413369 Mount, Signal, Front, RH 1 Usage
3 5413368 Mount, Signal, Front, LH 1 Usage
4 7710495 Nut 2 Usage
5 2410491 Signal, Inc, Front, RH, Black 1 Usage
5 2410490 Signal, Inc, Front, LH, Black 1 Usage
5 4010742 Bulb, Single Filament, 10W 1 Usage
6 7517781 Screw 2 Usage
7 5248078-408 Bracket, Signal Backer, ZNB 2 Usage
7 5248078-408 Bracket, Signal Backer, ZNB 2 Usage
8 7517405 Screw 2 Usage
9 4010742 Bulb, Single Filament, 10W [1 Per] 2 Usage
9 2410440 Signal, Inc, Rear, RH 1 Usage
9 2410439 Signal, Inc, Rear, LH
ha.jpg

7710495 Nut 1 Usage
2 7080998 Clamp, Vinyl Coated 1 Usage
3 7081600 Cable, Clutch 1 Usage
4 5135715 Pin, Clutch Lever, Screw 1 Usage
5 5335070 Bushing, Clutch 1 Usage
6 5135585-266 Bracket, Clutch, Mirror, Black 1 Usage
7 5135587-266 Cap, Clutch, Mirror, Black 1 Usage
8 7517305 Screw 2 Usage
9 5135586-410 Lever, Hand, Clutch 1 Usage
10 7547106 Nut, Nylok 1 Usage
11 7518783 Screw 2 Usage
12 4011852 Switch 1 Usage
13 2203661-266 Kit, Hardware, Clutch, M/C, Black [Incl. 4,5,10,11] 1 Usage
13 1322603-266 Asm., Clutch Bracket, Lever, Black [Incl. 4-12] 1 Usage
14 7517272 Screw 2 Usage
15 5251713 Bracket, Cable, Clutch

hc.jpg

here are your part numbers hope this helps..

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
PM responded to. I can ship it on Monday.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Sorry for the owies to your bike. Here's a tip to prevent that in the future. As soon as I get a bike, I loosen the clutch and brake perches so that there is just enough friction to keep them in place, but in the event of a tip over, they will rotate instead of break.
There is an extra step to doing that on Vics. There is a pin cast into the perch that goes into a hole in the handlebar. That pin needs to be filed down. After you've done that, you can place your levers where they are more comfortable for you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the owies to your bike. Here's a tip to prevent that in the future. As soon as I get a bike, I loosen the clutch and brake perches so that there is just enough friction to keep them in place, but in the event of a tip over, they will rotate instead of break.
There is an extra step to doing that on Vics. There is a pin cast into the perch that goes into a hole in the handlebar. That pin needs to be filed down. After you've done that, you can place your levers where they are more comfortable for you.
Thank you for the heads up, I will get it done when I get the new lever in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went and looked at a used "perfect" 2008 vegas one time and the clutch lever was snapped (as well as scuffs on the bike... far from perfect).

He said it snapped off moving it.. someone pulled it wrong. I went home and researched the price of the lever and realized why it wasn't fixed.. lol... that's terrible.

While there I looked at the other lever and saw that there seems to be a "Break line" on the levers so if they do get hit they break, but still leave enough lever to be functional.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Ben Franklin said... "If you want to keep a friend, never borrow, never lend"....... and we can add... ".... or let anyone sit on your motorcycle unless she's cute and sitting behind you".

·
Registered
511 Posts
Where are you located? I have a clutch lever for the cable operated clutches from when I installed the Pure Polaris hydraulic clutch on my bike. You can PM me but I will be gone until next Friday. This lever is like new with only about two hundred miles at most on it when it was changed out.

Your other option is to just upgrade to the Pure Polaris hydraulic clutch system and you won't have to worry about cable adjustments or cables breaking. You can get the kit for the Vegas /Jack Pot bikes from your dealer for 400 dollars plus tax.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts