Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Senate, by a 52-48 vote just eliminated filibusters by the minority. While some viewed the filibuster as an impediment to progress, it was the last barrier to preserve the rights of the minorities. We are now pre-WW2 Germany.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
The Senate, by a 52-48 vote just eliminated filibusters by the minority. While some viewed the filibuster as an impediment to progress, it was the last barrier to preserve the rights of the minorities. We are now pre-WW2 Germany.
They've been wildly AGAINST this sort of thing... when the republicans were in power.... but now, it's ok.

I just hope the republicans make sure they maintain this rule until they've undone as much of obama as possible, when they are in power again... if you're going to play dirty then you both end up getting dirty.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Strike one point for mob rule. Like 50 wolves deciding on lunch, and the bunny can no longer delay the vote. Yes I know that analogy was used for 2nd amendment support purposes, but kind of applies here also.

Pure democracy eventually implodes. Thus we were once established as a constitutional republic. Two words that are now demonized, both.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
This just drives more division between the party's ... How Harry Reid got re-elected by his state is beyond me .... He is a complete LOON . From what I understand this is his doing .....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Based on O's comments today I think it's obvious he was behind this. When the dems are in the minority it won't matter because they will pack the courts to put the judiciary on their side.

I fear we are doomed for a generation.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Complete? He likes guns.
I don't care if he has more guns then Charlton Heston had , he is still , and always will be a Tool , he needs to retire , and go shoot himself . He is a prime example why there should be 'term limits' .

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Oh yes, absolutely! Nothing like changing a Senate procedure by a majority rule vote to bring about thoughts of mass genocide. No leap of logic there. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Based on O's comments today I think it's obvious he was behind this.
He should be. He can't get positions filled in his administration because Republicans are being complete obstructionists. Obama could appoint Genghis Khan to the cabinet and the Republicans would still block him, claiming he's too left wing.

When the dems are in the minority it won't matter because they will pack the courts to put the judiciary on their side.
Please give talk radio a rest. There is no such thing. When positions open on courts they are filled. They were just filled for 8 years by Bush. O has a lot of repacking to do if you think that means anything.

Fear not! Republican govenors and legislators across the country now have no Federal oversight in electioneering. The Supreme Court has struck down such measures and states across the country are acting fast to make voting very difficult for those "less desirable types" in our cities.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Based on O's comments today I think it's obvious he was behind this. When the dems are in the minority it won't matter because they will pack the courts to put the judiciary on their side.

This comment is short sighted and un-justly presumptuous. When Dems outnumber Reps and a few reps side with a few key individual Dem propositions, it could be a VERY long time before the Reps are back in power. Of course, most extreme conservatives would never even comprehend (much less defend) how this could occur but moderate reps like myself see much of it with a clearer vision not weighed down by artificial principles.

Unfortunately, I agree that things ARE going a too far regardless of HOW...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Unfortunately, I agree that things ARE going a too far regardless of HOW...
Really? Now you would be an interesting guy to try and understand. What about our topsided economy has gone "too far" to the left? Or did you mean it had gone too far to the right even for a moderate conservative?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I tend to agree the filibustering has become laughable and in many cases regarding these appointments without merit. I do find it ironic Zero while a senator himself did a little filibustering of his own regarding Bush's appointments but its time for
It to stop. If a senator has a legit concern as to why a nominee shouldn't be confirmed then get on with it and present your case.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yes, absolutely! Nothing like changing a Senate procedure by a majority rule vote to bring about thoughts of mass genocide. No leap of logic there. :rolleyes:
Read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich". This is exactly the stuff Hitler did to gain complete control of the German government.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts