Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got these on there XC and if so how did they effect the buffeting ?
Item #2877896 Lower Wind Deflectors

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had them on my 2010 XC and had oversized Lexan on them, also had the forged bars. Ran a 11" 7Jurock windshield. I had very little buffeting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also had them on my 2010 Cross Country along with a 11" windshield and I also had very little buffeting with them. To me they were worth the price for the help that they provided.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I'm sure they work and maybe it's just me but those things are butt ugly there has to be a better way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is also the Fairing Air Deflectors that Victory sells. I had them added on my 2013 Cross Country and they did help in cutting down on buffeting.

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Has anyone got these on there XC and if so how did they effect the buffeting ?
Item #2877896 Lower Wind Deflectors

Cheers
I ran them on my XC for a while. They did just fine. I still run them on the Kingpin.

I used the Memphis Shades clamps ($6x.00) and the plexi was made by someone who was making sets for $25 at the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would prefer these but the cost of shipping and AUS to US dollar make them to expensive .

There is also the Fairing Air Deflectors that Victory sells. I had them added on my 2013 Cross Country and they did help in cutting down on buffeting.
I can not use these as mine has the forged bars

Thanks for the feedback
I might have to just bite the bullet and get some

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingsrule5
Get the Goody Lowers they look awesome and do a great job at blocking the wind.

Lower Wind Deflectors Gloss Black in New Products - Featured - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts
I would prefer these but the cost of shipping and AUS to US dollar make them to expensive .

I can not use these as mine has the forged bars

Thanks for the feedback
I might have to just bite the bullet and get some
Another option to save a lot of money is to buy the MS brackets. Once you have them you can use them to drill the holes or have a plexiglass fabricator drill and cut them out for you.

They end up like this but you can have them clear if you wish.

As you can see; they work with the forged bars as well.

Here is most of a template if you wanted to make some like these.

Memphis Shades of course has some to fit their brackets but they are kinda short for this purpose I think. They will work somewhat in a pinch though. Been there done that.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
All of these look like good options. I added the Vic brand which made a big difference. These, along with vinyl forged bar close outs and a Madstad windscreen system completely transformed my XC into a very wind-quiet bike... I notice when any one of the three are not there and wouldn't give up any of them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a set and liked them alot

I had a set of ARLEN NESS' version deflectors. They provided a good bit of relief in buffering for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
UPdate... I found out my friend still has them after I took them off. I don't want them on because in Florida, the wind up my skirt is more important... LOL so, I will sell these to whom would be interested. I see they sell for $280-$300 new.. Mine are only 2 yrs old and about 12K miles on them. I will let them go for $170/set and I'll pay for shipping in the US unless theres some weird address that UPS or USPS wants to charge more for... LOL.. So, Private Msg me and we'll make the arrangement. See my pix above for the type/kind I have. thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the feedback and suggestions

kingshouse1988 I have sent you a PM
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts