Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just taking a poll here. Many times, I ride on my lunch break instead of dedicating an hour to eating. I'm interested in seeing if anyone else does this.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a few times, yes. Sometimes I'm just too damn starved- but I have taken several lunchtime rides. Also- flying the cage home to swap out when the weather is bad in the AM, but good to go by lunch. I ride to work everyday weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I never take lunchtime rides. Just doesn't seem like enough to scratch the itch for me. Besides, in the summer in Idaho, it doesn't get dark till 9:30. Plenty of time after work.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I used to do it all the time. Still do it on occasion. Big issue here, in a city, is everyone ELSE is out for lunch at the same time. ;)

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Well its a extreme stress reliever. 2nd only to good sex. My wife as an passenger will suggest it's time for a ride. It took me years to get her on a bike. Only last couple years has she dared it. She loves it. It's medicine to the soul. I would give up my TUNDRA and SS before my sled. So yes often I just hit the road for a bit.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I'm in health care, I have to be on-site, so no lunch time rides for me. I only live 2 miles from where I work, its not worth getting the gear and bike out for that ride.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Mike,

I don't think I've ever gone out for a lunchtime ride. Wasn't practical or doable when I was on Active Duty. My job for the past nine years sine I retired takes me 30+ minutes away by boat from where I park my XCT, so I'm not going out during my 30 minute lunch now. I don't think I would if I could, cause the time available is just too short.

I make the most of the morning and afternoon commute.

cheers

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
No lunch time rides, usually, but I do take the long way home more often than not.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Construction sites ain't particularly conducive to motorcycle parking so it's hit or miss. On top of that bikes is dirt magnets and the polarity on sites is uber attractive. I do ride to work as much as I can finagle but since I drive a company vehicle it's a juggling act.

Personal best on this site about 70 miles during lunch. Granted I get an hour but I have to get out of town before I can wind it up.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Yeah, I do it on occasion. Or my work buddy and I go to eat at places that aren't too close.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i do it as often as i can. sometimes its nice to break up the day with a lunch time ride but usually i blow past my hour lunch... thankfully my team leader is pretty flexible about it and doesn't care if i stay after our normal hours to make up for it.. that and the fact that I am in even on weekends or working from home later in the evening..

but yup, weather permitting i am usually on the bike at lunch time...
it helps keep my girlish figure! lmao :ltr: (if only that were true)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Before I retired I never did a lunch ride. Security processing times would have eaten almost all of my lunch period. Now I take the bike and ride to nearby fast food places to eat lunch. I am building my own house so a 45 minutes lunch break is just fine with the boss on my job. Oh yeah, that's me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just taking a poll here. Many times, I ride on my lunch break instead of dedicating an hour to eating. I'm interested in seeing if anyone else does this.
I have done this too. I can't get enough biking in. I thought it was just me. I am not into sports but I love anything with a motor.

I rode to a service call out of town. The customer said I am paying how much an hour so you can ride your bike? Oops .....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts