Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But as of Saturday, I will no longer have the Cross Roads.

As I don't see another Victory in my future, I doubt i'll be posting much, if at all.

I enjoyed my time here. There's a bunch of great people here.

Ride safe.

Zilla

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

As I don't see another Victory in my future, I doubt i'll be posting much, if at all.

Ride safe.

Zilla
Zilla , if you don't mind my asking, why no more Victory, you giving up riding, or switching brands?:confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

Ride safe.

Zilla
Sad to hear you're leaving, but happy to hear you finally sold it. Where are you heading to? Are you still pursuing a Ninja? There are a few folks on the forum who have left Victory before, only to return to the brand after sampling something different, so never say never. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sad to hear you're leaving, but happy to hear you finally sold it. Where are you heading to? Are you still pursuing a Ninja? There are a few folks on the forum who have left Victory before, only to return to the brand after sampling something different, so never say never. ;)
Thanks crossroads, I guess I got my answer! cheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zilla , if you don't mind my asking, why no more Victory, you giving up riding, or switching brands?:confused:
I never truly got comfortable on it. Replaced the seat with an Ultimate, and while it was better, it wasn't enough. I could have tried a Corbin, or the new Mustang seat, but I hate throwing money at something that may or may not work.

That and the way it shifted. I hated it. It would pop out of 2nd, and even 6th on occaision if you babied it.

I'm not giving up riding by a long shot. I have other bikes.

I'm not sure what I will get next. I'm in no rush. I highly doubt it will be a cruiser though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure yet.

No Ninja. Even at my age and riding experience, insurance for it would have been over 1100 a year!

I'll never say never about another Victory, but I doubt it would be for a current model. The Vision is too out there for me. I have ridden a Judge, and generally like it, but my old Shovelhead will accomplish the same thing the Judge will and it's paid for.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm not sure yet.
Well, you should stick around and at least let us know what you end up getting, and if it fits you better than the XR. cheers

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
boy! i have to read it in the forums. you still dont have to be
a stranger. i like, dont love mine, and will probably have it for quite a while. sure do like that F6B in red. takes hours just to change an air
filter or do an oil change though. not maintenance friendly bikes.
good luck with whatever you get. let me[us] know.--irv

ps--where is the cr going to?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boy! i have to read it in the forums. you still dont have to be
a stranger. i like, dont love mine, and will probably have it for quite a while. sure do like that F6B in red. takes hours just to change an air
filter or do an oil change though. not maintenance friendly bikes.
good luck with whatever you get. let me[us] know.--irv

ps--where is the cr going to?
Sorry. LOL!

Guy at work likes the F6B. I sat on one. I'll pass.

CR is going to a guy off the V o G. Lives in the suburbs. I don't think he's on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Things

With ya Zilla, only sort of opposite.
Spent a fortune on my Kawasaki Voyager trying to get comfortable on it. (6 feet 4 tall).
Purchased the Highball, spent a fortune dressing it up as a tourer (Hardball had not been released).
Purchased the CCT, have found it the most comfortable bike owned.
People are all different sizes, a particular bike is built to one size.
Getting hard to justify any bike purchase with small/medium car prices the way they are, safer, warmer, cooler, etc.
Why do we do it....because on that certain day when it all falls into place....we all know the one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
sorry it didn't work for you but I guess thats why there are so many different brands and models. in a perfect world I guess my Victory (love the size and style) would have the build quality of a Honda, the dealer network and aftermarket support of Harley, and the mystique of my old Triumphs. Guess that would be asking too much though....LOL.
Best of luck and ride safe!cheers

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just because you don't own a Victory anymore doesn't mean you can't hang around on the forum. Unlike the HD forum, we don't take it as a personal affront when someone sells their bike because it didn't work out for them.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hang out sometimes

XKnight has it right. I had a Triumph before the Victory. Still ride with the Triumph group, good guys to ride with. A large number of the Triumph riders have other brands of bikes. Yes they think my XRs is huge,it is, but they don't say anything. Some of the guys talk about getting a Victory down the road possibly. If I had the money I would personally have probably 10 different bikes and no they would not all be Victorys. Right now I got the Cross Roads, an old MotoGuzzi, and just got a Yamaha scooter running for my wife. I have rode the little125cc scooter a few times,they are not for me,but it is suppose to get 95mpg I have read.---On the Cross Roads one thing I would like for them to change is to have the passenger pegs back one or two more inches. I know that would involve moving bags,etc. I just mention it because no they are not perfect bikes, but every bike I have ever owned I have changed one or more things. Good luck to Zilla and I hope we still see you on here. Keep riding,be safe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts