Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling like a traitor but traded in the Vision on a Street Glide. Hope you guys don't mind if I chime in every so often. BTW this has been a great forum.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Happy trails Dave. I looked hard at an Ultra last week. Not much to dislike. It is what it is and I was impressed even though I wasn't expecting to be. Too bad their math was so fuzzy, I would be joining the Kool-aid drinkers. LOL
Keep the rubber on the road! cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
WTF!! go away!!!

just kidding, its got 2 wheels and you like it thats what matters, keep in touch here, let us know after awhile how you like it also please, a comparison i guess. Before i bought my xc i almost bought a friend of mines street glide, i got a better deal on my xc so thats what i went with.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
79 Posts
Which one did you get? I have to say this forum surprised me when when I posted I had gone with the the same bike instead of the Vic. Figured they would have booted me out. Let's see a picture also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Street Glide is my fav of the H-D tour scoots. Enjoy! Don't feel bad. I still bebop over to HDForums on occasion myself as I was once a regular there.

If it's got two wheels it's fun.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pick it up Saturday. Daytona blue. I really liked the Vision but only some of the time. Sometimes felt like my living room sofa. Other times like a sport bike. Great bike but just not me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I pick it up Saturday. Daytona blue. I really liked the Vision but only some of the time. Sometimes felt like my living room sofa. Other times like a sport bike. Great bike but just not me.
I loved my Vision.....for the first 40K miles. At around 70K we started falling out of love, my riding changed and I found myself pushing alot of extra bike around for nothing.

Decided to stay bagger but trim down a bit.....I went to a Cross Country (not a tour).

After buying I was out riding and stopped to talk to a prospect - hes a salesman at the HD dealer. I checked out the new 2014 Street Glides.

NIIIICE.....they have done some serious changes and good ones at that.

I really, really like the upgraded saddle bag latch - they should have done that a long time ago. The little vent in the cowl helps wind buffeting.

The upgraded radio in the special edition is niiiice to.

I prefer the Victory mechanicals.....but the Street Glide has a better fairing setup and stereo for sure.

.....but at the end of the day the Street Glide is SEVERAL thousand dollars more than the Victory Cross Country. Yeah, there are alot of differences......but none I wanted to pay extra for.

Im sure you will enjoy the hell out of your bike.....

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Enjoy the Ride .. Can't say I'll never be a HD Owner again .. No Plans for it, but it is you that have to please Not Others ..

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Don't be a stranger big Dave! We may differ in our political beliefs but I bet, like you said, we would be fine hanging out sometime.

You really can't go wrong with a Street glide. About the only thing anyone can really say negative about them is that they are so popular it seems everyone has one. With the new 103 motor there is really no need to do anything but slap the EPA out of it with improved tuning, air filter, and pipes.

I was in the A-Team dealership in Las Vegas yesterday after seeing my back surgeon. They are the biggest Indian Motorcycle dealership in the world! They had $3.5 million in Indians plus just about every new color of XC on the floor which was packed. It was my first time seeing the new Indian's in person and up close. They offered a test ride but I haven't been cleared to ride yet from my doc.

If I get a windfall; one of those Indian's will be in my garage along with the two Vic's I currently love and enjoy almost daily when I'm able.

Anyhoo; I hope you come back with a very positive experience with your new sled and post it in this thread since we are subscribed to it already.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Good luck with it Dave , don't be a stranger to the site ... Unlike some of the other guys here I personally can say I will NEVER own a H.D. but that's just me . Good luck , you will be missed !cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will post Saturday after I pick up

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
After seeing the changes to the Electra Glide Ultra for 2014 (not the water one), I'm very tempted to .... (oh jeeez, what do I want more, a Harley ... or a Victory AND a wife?) LOL

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've test drove the Ultra's a couple of times, and the Street Glide once and a Road Glide once. I don't care to ride them again...They are just not my thing I guess. Although the 2014 Ultra Limited looked very nice.

However, every time I ride my 2012 Victory XCT I love it more and more. BEST BIKE I have ever owned!!! Hands down!!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Will post Saturday after I pick up
Oh sure, leave me here alone with all the Rush wannabees!

Good luck with it. That latest shootout with the Chiefton sure did make it look good. Did you get the one with the big screen entertainment system?

About the only criticism I saw was the lowered shocks with insufficient travel. Lot's of good options to fix that and it's a simple DIY job for those so inclined.

Enjoy, just get mad at the Victories strafing your bike night parades. thumb up

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
He's from Scottsdale so you know....:D

Sweet bike my neighbor has one and rides it year around.
Enjoy.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Feeling like a traitor but traded in the Vision on a Street Glide. Hope you guys don't mind if I chime in every so often. BTW this has been a great forum.
You're dead to us! Ride safe. cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
1 - 20 of 73 Posts