Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a nail in my back tire yesterday but found out right before work this morning.:(
But, have the Assurance from Goodyear waiting in the wings :pepper:
Just gonna change a bit sooner than anticipated.
In other news, because I took the car instead and worked over just long enough for a torrential down pour to hit ,would have damped my ride home. cheers
Taking my wheel off tonight and gonna polish'er up for tomorrow's change over.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Better that you found it at home and had the option of taking the cage.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
consider me switched
Goodyear Assurance 195/55/16
$100 for the tire and $25 to mount. changed wheel myself...oofda.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Be careful because it takes a little getting used to. Especially when going slow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where did you get the tire at that price?

I am still planning to do the switchover once my rear wears out. Probably end of season.

Let us know your first impressions....and then a follow up please!cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you get the tire at that price?

I am still planning to do the switchover once my rear wears out. Probably end of season.

Let us know your first impressions....and then a follow up please!cheers
Local shop in town had this tire, just a few blocks from my house. Another bike shop, also nearby, mounted it .
First impression,, Knowing it's back there makes me more aware. Wanders a bit depending on surface irregularities. In turns (sweepers) the back end wants to wiggle like it's searching . Won't always hold a line. I've been cautious and haven't leaned into turns as much.
About 200 + miles to date/ haven't changed air pressure yet, at 38 psi.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i run the michelin snow run flat on mine, im down to 34psi now after finally seeing some wear pattern on the tread at 10,000 miles. my new michelin pilot rear, oh i mean front will be here today

·
13,003 Posts
I have almost 20 thousand on my CT. Like you said if you get into roads that have heavy semi traffic you'll find the bike will move around in the groves. Relax and the tire will find its spot and before you know it you'll be out of the bad road.
I run 40 psi I tried 36 and 38 and it felt to mushy for me. Besides to me running that low only the outer edges are making contact and I'm thinking the tire will tend to deflect or bend witch could cause the tire bead to let loose and cause cornering stability.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
mine was wearing in the center rib more then the others, the run flat also has a stiffer sidewall so no mushy feeling here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts