Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from picking up my new, new to me, bike. 2004 Kingpin. I will post pics later. I trailer-ed it home, now I want to ride but it's a bit too late. Being my first real ride on it, I prefer it to be light out. Long night ahead.

·
Registered
586 Posts
A long sleepless night! Congrats! At least in Georgia, you'll have some warm weather riding. It'll be 32 in WI tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had the 08 KPT model, loved it..... Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just got back from picking up my new, new to me, bike. 2004 Kingpin. I will post pics later. I trailer-ed it home, now I want to ride but it's a bit too late. Being my first real ride on it, I prefer it to be light out. Long night ahead.
Congrats bro! Glad your back on the road again!!!! You know, Im sure you could go out and just start it if you happen to wake up before daybreak and NO ONE will mind... hehehehe:D

Safe ridin

Tim

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Congrats! cheers Let's see those pictures! wac

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took an early lunch and got the insurance and tag. Stopped by the house picked it up and rode it to work. It's only a about 5 miles but I was smiling the whole way. :cool:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think you will find it takes you longer to get home form work now.. lol

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think you will find it takes you longer to get home form work now.. lol
Its funny isn't it? I originally got a bike to save gas and now I find my 8 mile commute sometimes takes 20-30 or more! :ltr:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update, It's almost my one month anniversary and I have put a little over a 1000 miles on the bike. I have been riding it everyday and made my first overnight run this weekend. I am really enjoying this. Too bad winter is coming, but around here winter only comes a few days a month. thumb up

·
Registered
586 Posts
Keep the miles rollin'! Good to hear the pleasure your having with the '04 Kingpin. Winter in Georgia must mean its cool enough for leather. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well next week will be seven months and about to roll over 6000 miles. So I am slacking off, not quite getting a 1000 miles/month. Good weather is here now though, so should be able to pick it up a bit.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well next week will be seven months and about to roll over 6000 miles. So I am slacking off, not quite getting a 1000 miles/month. Good weather is here now though, so should be able to pick it up a bit.
Jealous! It's hard to get 6000 miles on in a season in Wisconsin. However, this last snow season lasted eight months! How many miles on your '04 Kingpin now? Any issues adding your miles?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jealous! It's hard to get 6000 miles on in a season in Wisconsin. However, this last snow season lasted eight months! How many miles on your '04 Kingpin now? Any issues adding your miles?
I'm at 34K total now, 6600 of it is mileage I put on and I hit a rough patch. I have been down twice in about a month span. First my drive belt broke, then about 200 or 300 miles after getting that fixed my clutch cable broke. So both of those put me out of commission for about 2 weeks., plus my wife had neck surgery so that was another weekend I was sitting home watching after her. Back up and running now, not much rain in the last couple weeks, so I was able to do a few rides. Planning on another this Saturday. Although that may fall through, my daughter is about to leave home and she has not decided if she is leaving Saturday or Sunday, so I may have to stick around.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another month and a half and another 1000 miles, currently have 7700 miles. The frigging rain has been brutal this year. Was only able to ride it to work one day this week.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Another month and a half and another 1000 miles, currently have 7700 miles. The frigging rain has been brutal this year. Was only able to ride it to work one day this week.
Haha, Im at work right now, 40 mile commute, at the 20 mile mark it started down pouring, I was running late so I couldn't stop, wouldn't have mattered anyway, still raining.... My bike is a mess and Im still soaked....:(

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well it's almost the one year anniversary. Me and the Mrs. took a 4 day trip to the mountains. This was an 800 mile round trip and she ran great. Did the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and a part of the Moonshiner 28. This put me at 9400 miles for the year. The actual one year is the 23rd, probably won't make 10K as I only have one weekend left but we will see.

All packed and ready to go.

One on the Skyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts