Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just bought my first Victory today and I thought I'd join a community of like minded people.

I'm new to the world of cruiser style bikes. I've only ever ridden sport bikes and since I'm through with taking it dry from the public insurance company each year I traded in my 2012 Suzuki GSX-R600 and bought a 2012 Victory Hardball. She's purdy! I'll try and post some pics at some point but I'm assuming there is some sort of post limit before I can do that?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to learning what I can from all of you and fewer leg cramps while riding!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome from lower Alabama!

Your Vic isn't going to be nearly as fast as your Suzuki, but you will not find a lack in riding enjoyment. Moving to a cruiser, you will, most likely, enjoy riding even more. Happy riding out there! cheers

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Nice one mate, 2 posts and you can paste / drag pictures just reply to this post

2012? How many miles & what mods ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from lower Alabama!

Your Vic isn't going to be nearly as fast as your Suzuki, but you will not find a lack in riding enjoyment. Moving to a cruiser, you will, most likely, enjoy riding even more. Happy riding out there!
I was never big into track days so the majority of my riding was city with a little country. It began as a need for speed and now it's turned into just a love for riding.

Nice one mate, 2 posts and you can paste / drag pictures just reply to this post

2012? How many miles & what mods ?
~8k km and for mods the previous owner only added a tall windshield and passenger floorboards.

I'm sure I'll do a few things to it myself down the road.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to Victory , and the forum too !cheers

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Welcome to the GOOD side!!
Yeah, I saw the Light too, thanks to Victory owning mates I was steered into the present!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello from Oakville Ontario. I know Winnipeg pretty well. My son used to pitch for the Goldeyes. They're having a rough season this year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And here I thought you put a car tire on the back .....
Yeah I thought that too...
Welcome from Downunder!
I don't get it lol. Someone clue me in I feel stupid.

Hello from Oakville Ontario. I know Winnipeg pretty well. My son used to pitch for the Goldeyes. They're having a rough season this year.
Oh no kidding! Rough season or not they're the only team in the city that can win a championship rofl

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
dark side generally refers to putting a car tire on the rear of a bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A lot of guys are running a car tire in the rear on there touring bikes. We like to call that joining the darkside.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
on the volusiariders forum, buying a Harley was refered to as "joining the dark side"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dark side generally refers to putting a car tire on the rear of a bike.
A lot of guys are running a car tire in the rear on there touring bikes. We like to call that joining the darkside.
Well ****. What's the purpose?
on the volusiariders forum, buying a Harley was refered to as "joining the dark side"
I don't think I ever will buy a Harley. Of course at one point I said I would never buy a bagger too...

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Well ****. What's the purpose?
I don't think I ever will buy a Harley. Of course at one point I said I would never buy a bagger too...

I have not yet figured out the purpose of Darkside myself...

I also said I would never own a bagger!!!!! Lol

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
darkside=tire life, instead of 10-15,000 miles you get 25-30,000 miles out of a rear

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
darkside=tire life, instead of 10-15,000 miles you get 25-30,000 miles out of a rear

I know Drew I am just busting darksider's balls... In my eyes running darkside is like throwing snow tires on a formula 1 car. It's just not the right tire for the vehicle. I wouldn't throw mud terrains on my Vette nor would put BFG radial TA's on my duramax. I think it's brave that you guys do it... Just not for me.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
10k miles
15k miles
on stock tire ?????

I changed my stock dunlop at 8k in kilometers but still have some tread on it so it could be a bit more

So i could understand why someone who's in for long stretches riding would choose that .... Another who would ride for pure hobby would stick to a motorcycle tire ???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts