Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these J&M speakers on their XC/XCT/Vision or does anyone have any experience with J&M products?

I've read that most here aren't impressed with the Kickers and I don't want to add an Amp or go with 6.5's, I'd just like better front speakers to replace the stocks. Thanks! thumb up

Here's the link from J&M:

http://http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=FSPU-VCTV

·
Registered
169 Posts
We tried to install polk audio dxi525 in the front of a vision and they where to deep. Weer did install a set of kickers in the front and they sounded good even before we did an amp. Look up shallow mount 5.25.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We tried to install polk audio dxi525 in the front of a vision and they where to deep. Weer did install a set of kickers in the front and they sounded good even before we did an amp. Look up shallow mount 5.25.
Thanks for the response! thumb up

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a set in my Electra Glide and I noticed a slight difference over the stock HD speaker but an amp really kicked it up. I have had my XC a total of one day so I can't really compare the kickers. Keep us posted please.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have used their products in the pass on my HD and was not inpressed at all. They are expensive and they don't sund no better then your other choice speakers at 70 mph. If you want good sound you must add a amp. Just changing speakers will not do the job.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's for your input on the J&M speakers! It makes sense that an Amp is the smart way to get the most out of aftermarket speakers.

I just don't have the skill to add the amp on my own and I don't need to be screwing up my new XCT, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The amp is really easy to do. I think the hardest part is actually taking the fairing off. Do a search on all the audio threads and watch some youtube videos on install. It's really simple, you can have it done in about 2 hours. You get to learn about your bike in the mean time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts