Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this jack on the xct and is it as stable as the Harleys on their videos..?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
See the name K&L Supply Co. Fat Jack, just for INFO and more choices...

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/920-076

Is the FAT jack i did not buy it from JP but please compare prices, do not take the normal or slim jack,

I replaced the thin rubber with the 8 or 12 mm rubber coz our engines are V-shape.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I have one. It's great! Search this thread for posts from 2013 or 2014.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's a great jack, I use a small (1" thick) block of rubber on the back left contact point to keep the bike level on the jack. You'll have no regrets on this jack

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've had one for 9 years and 4 different bikes. I just had to replace the hydraulic jack and still going strong. Like was said, I use a rubber piece on the rear clutch side corner to make the bike level and stable. Works great for me and never have to use straps. Jack it up, move it around, climb on it, whatever you need to do.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Just a question, that J&S jack is painted, if it gets wet coz of washing the bike, or cleaning the garage, does it rust or bladder paint off after 9 years ??

My one is electrolyzed, no rust exept on the spindle, but a bit of greas will fix that ...

Moving around your bike is a good feature ....

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Just a question, that J&S jack is painted, if it gets wet coz of washing the bike, or cleaning the garage, does it rust or bladder paint off after 9 years ??

My one is electrolyzed, no rust exept on the spindle, but a bit of greas will fix that ...

Moving around your bike is a good feature ....
I don't know about 9 years, but I have had mine for 3 years and use it for everything. I wash the bike (hose and bucket) with the bike on the jack and I have not had a single problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've also been looking at the j&s jack, primarily to be able to change my own tires. Have any of you used it to remove
the front and/or rear wheel? Just wondering about stability with such a change in weight distribution. Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
347 Posts
Similar . . .

XCT is too heavy for my floor jack. Had to remove trunk and bags before she would balance. With limited options for support, I used pieces of wood for spacers to ensure I cleared the critical stuff fore and aft. A 4.0 shaker would likely topple her, so I used a couple web straps just for insurance. No way could I get on the bike while it was on the lift - even after I removed the heavy appurtenances. Now I use a simple scissor jack under the rear lift point to hold her vertical and take the weight off the tires and suspension while parked for the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had mine for 7 years, my last bike was a vulcan 2000, and now I have a CCT, works fantastic, very stable, solid and a great jack

Two weeks ago, i had a nail in the rear tire, jacked it up and took it off with no issues, weight distribution was fine

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I've also been looking at the j&s jack, primarily to be able to change my own tires. Have any of you used it to remove
the front and/or rear wheel? Just wondering about stability with such a change in weight distribution. Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No problem at all. I've had both front and rear off at the same time and never an issue. Even with all the work of removing the brakes, axle nuts, etc., never a problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sheets,
Your post is titled "Similar" does that mean you're not using a J&S Jack? If not what jack are you using that you're having the problem with?

Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes . . .

Mine is not the J & S lift being discussed. Mine is nearly 20 years old. It is a no-name brand made in the USA, a knock-off of a Pit Bull lift. A heavy duty piece. The lift arms are nearly 20 inches wide. Tricky to position under the solid places to support the XCT. Used the wood spacers to position under the engine rather than the points under the left passenger peg and forward at the side stand point, and corresponding points on the right. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.

·
12,983 Posts
A lift is one of those tools that will pay for its self in no time.
You can pull your tires take to a shop for new ones and save a good two hundred dollars or more.
You have to loosen bolts before you jack the bike up and sweep the floor but that's the easy part

1 - 15 of 15 Posts