Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so by that I mean I bought a hydraulic lift, assembled it, and used it for the first time today. But I got your attention, didn't I? :grin

I watched Paul's video, and tried a few different things. But I'm still trying to figure out the best jack points to lift by. I decided to ask here for advice, while I also search around the forums.

Do you all with XC's/XCT/etc fit your lift directly across the middle of the bike? I ask as I heard a comment about "being off about 20 degrees" etc and when lining up the lift points, I was trying to avoid uneven lifting. I settled on quite a diagonal approach, but don't think this is the answer.

Here are some pix:

This is the right side of the bike, the front to the right.

This is the left side of the bike, the front to the left.

So, let me have it. Do I straighten it out more, I'm interested in what seems to be working for you all.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I only look at the jack bar at the back of the bike.
In the first picture try putting the end of the jack bar under the silver bracket. Put it right at the end.

On the second picture, put the jack bar under the floorboard bracket. Put a small piece of wood here to stabilize the bike.

The jack bar towards the front of the bike just goes where ever it has to go. No need to worry about it.

Your jack will now be at about a 20 degree angle.

This is how I do it according to my video. Try it and see if it works for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only look at the jack bar at the back of the bike.
In the first picture try putting the end of the jack bar under the silver bracket. Put it right at the end.

On the second picture, put the jack bar under the floorboard bracket. Put a small piece of wood here to stabilize the bike.
Thanks Paul. I was curious as to whether that silver bracket was "fair play". It does seem rather sturdy. I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
Dan

·
13,188 Posts
keep in mind loosen bolts before lifting bike. It will help prevent tip over

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Only one option on a Steel frame and that's straight in just behind and missing the regulator and

1 - 8 of 8 Posts