Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Victory have a problem with production or something. Every where I look HD has clothes. They have jackets,shirts,even underwear I'm sure. Why is it that if I order a womens flight jacket today, I won't get it until september. My dealer here told me that vic stopped making the tank badge patches. If any Victory corp. person reads this START MAKING STUFF!! I want to proudly display vic colors! Thanks forum, I had to vent.:mad:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
HD makes most of their money off of their merchandise not the bikes. It is good business for THEM to keep coming out with their bread and butter.

Victory is still in its infantile stage compared to HD. Give em some time. I think they stopped making the OLD tank badge patches because they have changed the company slogan from The New American Motorcycle to Fuel It.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with diamondrmp that Victory will probably see the amount of money they are leaving on the table and start marketing Victory apparel in the near future. In my opinion that is what made Harley Davidson the bike everyone wanted the last decade. It wasn't that it was just that much better of a bike, but it was the marketing that made it so appealling. You can get Harley gear for just about anything.

Victory will come out with it soon... to much money not to.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope they do. Vic has been around for what 10 years? I would think they should start pushing apparel, the bikes are perfect. I was abit upset that day. I want more selection from them. we'll see whathappens I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
first time in over 2 weeks on line, been rideing. but i read that victory may move there plant to mexico whats up with that.. ill be pissed myself.

Polaris is moving an ATV plant down there from Wisconsin. The Victory bikes and engines are still going to be made in the US of A.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just what we need, another american product being made elsewhere. I did find patches on ebay but I REFUSE to buy them from korea or some s&*t like that. I'll wait.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im glad they want the bike to be on top of their game. We all luv are Victorys and would like to have the swag to show it. Victory shouldnt forget to step up their game on swag also.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like the looks of the old patches / logos. I guess I'd better make my way to the dealership to get a few patches etc. I haven't been on the forum much lately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Getting back on topic....

I just purchased a HUGE patch from someone in Korea. found him on Ebay. Went to a local bike apparal store, purchased a leather vest, got the patch sewn on. Done deal.

Also, from another ebay seller from the Phillipians, purchased a few victory patches from him as well.

Ebay is loaded with stuff that Polaris should be selling but are not.

Happy Bidding!!

The Blue Knight :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may not help, but Indian Motorcycle has a very nice quality line of clothing, jackets and other items of interest. I have purchased many of their items and found them to be of very high quality. Go check them out @ www.indianmotorcyclecharlotte.com

We are now brothers, so you may as well familiarize yourself with Indian.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I for one believe that Victory needs to step their marketing up a few notches. HD was very smart by marketing their image and by doing show sold many OK bikes. Victory is non existing at shows and never seems to sponsor anything. HD sold a image and it worked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree we need more "stuff" to wear, stick or pin on things from the mother ship.

Here is a marketing line that occured to me:

Victory - because America deserves a choice! <grin>

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I agree we need more "stuff" to wear, stick or pin on things from the mother ship.

Here is a marketing line that occured to me:

Victory - because America deserves a choice! <grin>
But Victory's not simply a choice... it's the better choice. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Indeed, the "better" or, how about, "THE BEST" choice.

We have a Harley dealership 3 miles from our house and the closest Victory shop is 80+ miles. I've joked with my wife that we should put a Victory dealership right next to the Harley one. Sorta like Burger King building next to McDonalds.

Anyone have any extra cash to open up a Victory dealership in Palm Springs / Coachella Valley? <grin>

·
Registered
396 Posts
i got one for ya.
went to a vic dealer to pick up an
oil change kit one day and was checking
out some t shirts. found one i really
liked until i saw the price tag and
immediately put it back on the rack.
no way i am paying $35.00 for a t-shirt!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does Victory have a problem with production or something. Every where I look HD has clothes. They have jackets,shirts,even underwear I'm sure. Why is it that if I order a womens flight jacket today, I won't get it until september. My dealer here told me that vic stopped making the tank badge patches. If any Victory corp. person reads this START MAKING STUFF!! I want to proudly display vic colors! Thanks forum, I had to vent.:mad:
I managed to get 2x great leather jackets in different styles for my self and 1x Leather jacket for my partner with the Victory Patch on the the back... I think that I cleared my UK Dealer out...

I am also gutted that even if they are not doing the jacket with the patch, I am surprised you cant buy the patch any longer....

I would really like to see the patch on sale again.... Surely that can't cost a lot to get a batch made up...

After All It Is Free Advertising

1 - 20 of 35 Posts