Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
12,983 Posts
just remember to loosen all bolts before you jack the bike up.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I bought a J&S jack couple weeks back. They included a couple rubber strips for use with the XC. I'm still playing around with them to find the most stable position. I can't quite figure out your post, RICZ, regarding the block. Could you share a few pictures further away and from different angles please?

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I think VJ may mean that if youve got any real tight nuts or bolts to undo then to 'crack' them while the bikes in the ground so as to not risk tipping your bike off the jack.
A reasonable suggestion. I loosened my front wheel first before jacking my Vegas up for a fork removal

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I bought a J&S jack couple weeks back. They included a couple rubber strips for use with the XC. I'm still playing around with them to find the most stable position. I can't quite figure out your post, RICZ, regarding the block. Could you share a few pictures further away and from different angles please?
I thought I provided an adequate description and photos. I can't do more than I have. Sorry. Did you read the text above the photos? The important dimension is 1" from the bottom of the arc and the bottom of the block.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the J&S and got this idea from another guy on the forum. We bought the bench vise soft face adaptors from home depot or lowels. The kind you'd put in your vise to keep from scratching your project. I cut one side off then cut it length wise so it was approx. 1" thick. I like the fact that it also has a built in magnet to keep it in place. I make sure the jack is sticking out at least 1- 1/2 " on each side.
Should work for your jack too.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts