Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted a month or so ago about how my Ness Jackpot was in a local Bike shop being basically revamped from the ground up. Tires, oil, Belts, all filters,bulbs,Dyno tune, basically everything. We stumbled across a defective Auto Cancelling Module issue, and this is where it gets weird! Bike shop has an account with the local Victory "Stealership". They inquired, and were told by said Dealer, that a certain part number module must be used. (Evidently, from 2006-2010 there are no less than THREE different ACM's in use, and they are not at all compatible. (Another kick in the Balls! THANKS VICTORY!) Anyway, they ordered the module and number that they were told was correct, installed it, and when the key goes on, all it does is emergency flash! (Hazards) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think my 06 Ness even HAS emergency flasher function! (???) I thought that came along post 08? Anyway, now the Dealer is hesitant (that's code for "refusing") to take the Part back, My blinkers and lights don't work correctly, and my ness has been in the shop now for 64 days and counting. HELP! Anyone have the secret info how to get thru this? (Without any tips to splice wires, or apply half ass engineering)The Bike shop seems like they are about to give up, and I cant ride my bike around here with all these non-drivers w/o blinkers!:mad:

·
12,983 Posts
isn't there a part number on your old ACM and why didn't they order that one.
here is the part number for a 06 off vic;s web site 4010903 Module,

here is 07 p/n 4011713 Module, Electronic, Auto-Cancel

Electronic, Auto-Cancel this is a 08 p/n 4011536 Module, Electronic, Auto Cancel

Vic's web site doesn't list a ness jack pot in 06 so maybe you should check your vin number maybe its not what you think.
By the way tell the dealer they were the one that said this should be the one. You did not pick the part number.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I believe those part #'s have been changed. The ACM part # for my '07 'Pot is 2879713. That part# apparently is the same for the '06 'Pots as well replacing the old ACM #4010903. Not sure of the '08's. As for the 4-ways, my '07 has them.

I agree w/VJ, the shop ordered the wrong part, not you. If they were given incorrect information from their supplier, it's not up to you to make it right. That should be between the shop and the supplier. I'd be speaking directly to the shop's Service Mgr. over this one. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey guys, I posted a month or so ago about how my Ness Jackpot was in a local Bike shop being basically revamped from the ground up. Tires, oil, Belts, all filters,bulbs,Dyno tune, basically everything. We stumbled across a defective Auto Cancelling Module issue, and this is where it gets weird! Bike shop has an account with the local Victory "Stealership". They inquired, and were told by said Dealer, that a certain part number module must be used. (Evidently, from 2006-2010 there are no less than THREE different ACM's in use, and they are not at all compatible. (Another kick in the Balls! THANKS VICTORY!) Anyway, they ordered the module and number that they were told was correct, installed it, and when the key goes on, all it does is emergency flash! (Hazards) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think my 06 Ness even HAS emergency flasher function! (???) I thought that came along post 08? Anyway, now the Dealer is hesitant (that's code for "refusing") to take the Part back, My blinkers and lights don't work correctly, and my ness has been in the shop now for 64 days and counting. HELP! Anyone have the secret info how to get thru this? (Without any tips to splice wires, or apply half ass engineering)The Bike shop seems like they are about to give up, and I cant ride my bike around here with all these non-drivers w/o blinkers!:mad:
Hey man,

Where did you end up on this or are you still in limbo? Hope it worked out on your end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts