Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the performance, suspension, handling, etc would be lacking in any department for a 6'1 315lbs rider with a 32" inseam?

Thinking about a 2008 JP with the 100ci engine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
100CI doesn't lack any power. 2 up on that bike will generally exceed your weight with no suspension problems and Victorys handle!! So...how do you feel you fit on it? If that's good for you, you won't lack anything on that bike.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Besides all the great answers you've received, I'll throw this in. I've got a friend larger than you. He rides a Star 650 V-Twin. He has a new baby and it's as much ride as he could afford. He looks like Baby Huey on a tricycle on it. You don't have to worry about that aspect either. The Vics are substantial bikes. Thier size, looks and sound command a presence. You don't have to worry about your size dwarfing the bike.... especially with that fat rear tire!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
IMHO you need to try on a few different bikes and see what fits you the best.

Vegas, Jackpot, Hammer and Kingpin are all steel frame bikes, all available with the same powertrain, all big enough to keep you from making them look small, and all have enough suspension for you.

That's pretty much where the comparison stops on these bikes as-is off the showroom floor. The ergonomics are quite a bit different on the different models which is good for some and not so good for others. Granted you can make quite a few changes to any of the bikes to make them fit you better but that may take time. Why buy a bike that you have to constantly upgrade to make it fit you when another model may fit you better off the showroom floor? Since the fit may mean you have to choose a different bike you may have to ask yourself which is more important safety or style?

The main 2 things to consider are reach and foot position as these (depending on how you carry your weight) will be the biggest factors for driveability and comfort. If you have large thighs you may find that controls can be difficult to reach/operate in certain positions (I.e. too far forward/back or too close to the engine). If your weight is carried mostly upfront you may find it difficult to reach the handlebars and comfortably rotate them lock-to-lock.

I highly suggest heading to your local dealer when the Demo Truck is in town and taking some bikes out to see which bike is going to work for you. Waiting for the truck in many locatons is a smart idea because many dealerships don't have all the models available that the truck carries. Another plus is that they'll give you a coupon for $1000 when you demo a bike from the truck that can be used if you buy from that dealer within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am 6 ft 270 # and own a 2011 Jackpot, as well as a 2008 FXSTC, The Jackpot IS a lot bigger big

You should not have any problem
Allow me to hi-jack this thread by asking..... How is that seat for all day comfort, and what exactly is it ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Allow me to hi-jack this thread by asking..... How is that seat for all day comfort, and what exactly is it ?
If your like me 129 kg the seat on the vegas is shite after 60 miles as your arse starts to become numb and you can feel the bottom of the spine asking you to get off the plank of wood.

It's a shame really as it is supposed to be on what Victory call a cruiser but i would of thought a cruiser mean't exactly that not just good enough to go the shop for a paper.

Apart from that the rest of the bike is Tip Top.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
139 Posts
As for choice of bike , I took my 2 mates with me as i have a bit of a gut due to a bad accident off the Electroguide some years back and i am limited to what excersise i can do to keep the weight off and i am 6ft 4.

I sat on the Vegas, KingPin, Jackpot and Hammer and i found that the Vegas was the one that made me look sweet in the seat and the guy's at the Club have all commented how i look so laid back when riding it . ( Soft Tail owners eat your heart out lol )

I think it was the way it lets you lean back a little more as the Jackpot handlebars had me reaching forward making the gut sit more on the tank.

I liked the handle bars on the Jackpot but as i just said i decided or should i say my mates reckoned i should buy the Vegas.

I am chopping the rear up now to accomodate the 250mm wheel and i have found a company that can make the Jackpot Handle bars to suit the same ride style as i have on the Vegas at present.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
108 Posts
The seat on that picture is a Victory Flamed Bandit seat, I have ridden 350+ miles on all day scoots and actually was surprised at no uncomfortableness or pain. I also have the Victory 2 up seat with back rest for my wife and it is nice as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As for choice of bike , I took my 2 mates with me as i have a bit of a gut due to a bad accident off the Electroguide some years back and i am limited to what excersise i can do to keep the weight off and i am 6ft 4.

I sat on the Vegas, KingPin, Jackpot and Hammer and i found that the Vegas was the one that made me look sweet in the seat and the guy's at the Club have all commented how i look so laid back when riding it . ( Soft Tail owners eat your heart out lol )

I think it was the way it lets you lean back a little more as the Jackpot handlebars had me reaching forward making the gut sit more on the tank.

I liked the handle bars on the Jackpot but as i just said i decided or should i say my mates reckoned i should buy the Vegas.

I am chopping the rear up now to accomodate the 250mm wheel and i have found a company that can make the Jackpot Handle bars to suit the same ride style as i have on the Vegas at present.

Cheers
AL
Kinda surprised at your observation as the handlebars used on new Vegas and Jackpots are exactly the same. The only difference is the frame on the Jackpot is made to accept the massive 250 rear.

On a dietary note, try the Adkins meat diet, it works , you just have to forget about carbs like you like/ I know been there

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What seat is on the bike in this video? It doesn't appear to have a seat for 2upping. I like the look of it!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That guy has a smile on his face for sure. Nice bike

The Jackpots came with a 2 piece seat up to the 2009 model year when Victory sold the Jackpots with a single cobra style seat called the Bandit.
You can get the front and rear sections from previous model years on Ebay or maybe a dealer for the newer bikes and use the side mounting bolts to put the front on solely

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kinda surprised at your observation as the handlebars used on new Vegas and Jackpots are exactly the same. The only difference is the frame on the Jackpot is made to accept the massive 250 rear.

On a dietary note, try the Adkins meat diet, it works , you just have to forget about carbs like you like/ I know been there
Forget my observation as it was just an opinion but on the Atkins Diet - Thanks alot for this as i had never heard of it but after looking in to it i like it very much,

Downloaded the 1000 Recipes last night and sitting down working out my meal plan as i write. Starting it next monday and hears for looking at my dick again lmfao.Cheers for the advice and help.

Cheers
AL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts