Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Who or what is "Indy"? Are you referring to our member and frequent poster named Indy?

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
He probably means independent mechanic; not dealership affiliated.

The indy might be right. On my 04 there is an idle adjustment screw under the left side of the tank but I've never had a need to adjust the idle on my 11. Everything is computer controlled. The ecm want to see 950ish idle rpm so it adjusts the idle air controller till it gets what it wants.

Why do you want to change the idle? Lower it to give it more of a lope? I wouldn't do that if you want the engine to last.

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
Low idle starves the motor for oil.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Indy" is independent mechanic. On my '07 there's an idle adjustment screw on the left side of the throttle body. My '09 doesn't have it. The bike began idling fast some months ago and it's hard on first gear, when I take it out of neutral. Ka Chunk!! It calms down a little after it gets hot.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
"Indy" is independent mechanic. On my '07 there's an idle adjustment screw on the left side of the throttle body. My '09 doesn't have it. The bike began idling fast some months ago and it's hard on first gear, when I take it out of neutral. Ka Chunk!! It calms down a little after it gets hot.
With that knowledge I would suspect a crack in the throttle body boot that closes as the rubber expands as the engine heats it up. I would also thoroughly check all vacuum lines for cracks while you have the tank off.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Wellll, to that end, Indy did a leakdown test and didn't find any leaks.
A throttle body or vacuum leak wouldn't show up in a leak down test for ring, head gasket, and valve testing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts