Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looked around and didn't find a Jackpot Owner's thread, so I thought I would start one.

2007 Jackpot - Black
Purchased Nov 22, 2009
- Stage 1 Shotgun Exhaust
- K&N Intake / Filter

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
08 Gray, Black with Tribal graphics
Purchased Nov 09 -- BRAND NEW! - 35 miles
Premium package with builet chrome wheels

Wanted Upgrades:
- Mirrors
- Swept Exhaust -- Any suggestions of brands?
- Grips
- Security System -- Also looking at alarms or dics locks... any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
09 jackpot-pas peg issues.

i have 900 miles on my first vic, the allen bolt that attaches the left side pass peg hits the frame, scrapeing off the powder coat. The dealer tightened up the rear shock, and the bike rode ok still, but now i noticed that it is doing it again.Anyone have any thoughts, is this normal? This is my 20th bike, since 1971.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 jackpot issues.

NO it is not normal. How low is your bike? Your bike shouldn't be bottoming out like that. Have you relocated your rear wiring harness? If not you NEED to do it ASAP!
the bike is set from the factory, i am told, for a 200 pound rider.after the 500 mile service, i was detailing the bike, and that's when i noticed the powder coat comeing off the frame.the dealer here in vegas adjusted the shock inward 1/4 inch worth of threads 2 stiffen her up a bit. so now it's hitting the frame still. i spoke 2 the dealer 2day, and they want 2 mill the underside of the BRACKET itself.there's got 2 be a better solution 4 this,i shouldn't have 2 do this.IT'S got 2 be something simple, you would think? thanks, jeff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have 900 miles on my first vic, the allen bolt that attaches the left side pass peg hits the frame, scrapeing off the powder coat. The dealer tightened up the rear shock, and the bike rode ok still, but now i noticed that it is doing it again.Anyone have any thoughts, is this normal? This is my 20th bike, since 1971.

I would say it is pretty common. Mine (08) does it or at least it did till I put the KP shock on. The dealers demo bike did it and she's not that big. Maybe 150#. they told me it is a design flaw and it is common. And a freind of mine had his scrape as well. Your not bottoming out the suspension, but there is enough travel there to scrape the frame. I got tired of touching up the frame, because the next time I ride it scrapes it off anyway. Never hit the wiring harness. 23,000 miles. I am going to pull the rear foot peg mount and grind it down this winter.

·
Registered
243 Posts
08 Gray, Black with Tribal graphics
Purchased Nov 09 -- BRAND NEW! - 35 miles
Premium package with builet chrome wheels

Wanted Upgrades:
- Mirrors
- Swept Exhaust -- Any suggestions of brands?
- Grips
- Security System -- Also looking at alarms or dics locks... any suggestions?
check out the mirrors by Muth ... expensive but imo worth every penny,

steve

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.