Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm going to change out my front and rear signals with Kuryakyn small sliver bullets, but I want to make sure I don't overload the system.

The stock front signals are only a 10 watt bulb, and the Kury's are 20 watt halogen.

Would that overload the system, and anybody done this and realized the stock bulb fits the new silver bullets?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
If you get your lights from Kewlmetal thaey will install the correct bulbs for you.
If you have a pre 08 it is very IMPORTANT that you confirm polarity on the right front turn signal. On the chassis side of the conector it is correct but on the factory turn signal side of the conector the wires are SWAPPED.
Blue/Red on one side becomes black on the other. If you hook it up backwards you WILL short out your $300 Auto Cancel Modual[ACM]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not to change subject but are you willing to sell the front stock ones? Are they chrome and in great shape? IMO going from 10 to 20-watt will not overload the system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to change subject but are you willing to sell the front stock ones? Are they chrome and in great shape? IMO going from 10 to 20-watt will not overload the system.
Yes, they are the chrome ones and they look brand new. I would probably sell them when I get the new ones. PM me and we'll chat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm going to stick with the Kury lights as I can get them easily from a source near by, and the price is great. I just can't seem to find 10 or even 15 watt bulbs to fit these guys.

Anybody know if the doubling the wattage on the bikes will cause any issues?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you get your lights from Kewlmetal thaey will install the correct bulbs for you.
If you have a pre 08 it is very IMPORTANT that you confirm polarity on the right front turn signal. On the chassis side of the conector it is correct but on the factory turn signal side of the conector the wires are SWAPPED.
Blue/Red on one side becomes black on the other. If you hook it up backwards you WILL short out your $300 Auto Cancel Modual[ACM]
I am in the process of installing some LED signals on my '06 Vegas, is the polarity swapped on those as well? How is the best way to check before I make a mistake?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You were right, checked it out and my right front signal was wired with the wires swapped. Good info. Thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
what about 08's? are they swapped too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.