Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I had a 10' Vegas and I sold it once I moved, then ended up with a V-strom 1000 and then got laid off. After sampling a different flavor of bike, I'm of 100% belief I'm meant to ride a Victory.

Main question is what are the difference, if any, between a Jackpot vs a Vegas, or are they the same just trim differences? I'm selling the bike I have now and will getting another Victory once I start working and start saving some cake for one. Vegas is all I know, Kingpins are nice, and ofcourse a Crossroads would be awesome but I'm not sure I want a bike that big. Open to all thoughts, issues, and suggestions! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jackpot I BELIEVE is a Vegas frame with the 250 rear tire. So other then the fat rear tire, nothing is different really. Oh, and about $3,500... there is a another difference too.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Jackpot I BELIEVE is a Vegas frame with the 250 rear tire. So other then the fat rear tire, nothing is different really. Oh, and about $3,500... there is a another difference too.
Frames are probably the same, but there is a very different feel to the bikes.

I think the Jackpot is more comfortable, though it does seem to separate my legs more which may become more uncomfortable on longer, higher speed rides, until I built up those inner thigh muscles.

The Vegas handles far better without that fat rear tire.

There's a new guy here, Kris, who has some great looking Ness wheels that come in a variety of sizes. Not sure if a 120/70-21 would fit under a Jackpot front fender, but if it did and proper spacers could be found to fit a matching rear wheel with about a 200/70-18 in the back, the Jackpot would get me thinking. This year's color is tits!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Jackpot also has a different seat, passenger seat and backrest (which costs more than one for a Vegas). I rode my friends before he traded it for a Vision, and you really have to lean more than you would on a Vegas to get it to turn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jackpot foot pegs are further, Vegas closer to mid, more of a cruiser feel to me.
Jackpot has more rake in the front by about 2 degrees'ish.
Is it me or is the "spine" in the JP fenders/gas tank more pronounced?

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Frames are probably the same, but there is a very different feel to the bikes.

I think the Jackpot is more comfortable, though it does seem to separate my legs more which may become more uncomfortable on longer, higher speed rides, until I built up those inner thigh muscles.

The Vegas handles far better without that fat rear tire.

I really don't see the point in owning a motorcycle that doesn't want to turn, and requires effort to to get it to....sure it looks really fat and tough but...but...but glad I got my Vegas now, only thing that'd make it better is a twin disc Hammer front end with the upside down forks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts