Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First accessory has got to be a windshield, but I'm having a hard time picking one out. I'm 6"1 if that helps advise what height I'd need. Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
316 Posts
First accessory has got to be a windshield, but I'm having a hard time picking one out. I'm 6"1 if that helps advise what height I'd need. Any info would be greatly appreciated
I'm 6 ft. And have the victory quick release large windshield set at the lowest position possible and I can see over it. The wind stream is about 3 inches above my head at 70 mph. You can see or in my side info picture.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got the Switchblade windshield for mine, got the shorty size and its amazing. Pulls right off and goes on in seconds. I'm also 6' so I could use a step up, but set the mounting kit at the highest position. The shield has a dark tint kind of so it looks nice also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help... gives me a little more to decide with. after searching for the switchblade, i browsed around national cycle's site and found other options too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm entertaining the idea of the batwing fairing they offer now. I have mixed feelings on how it looks, but i had those about a windshield in the first place til i rode behind one on my dads bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! Does it provide adequate wind protection, similar to a conventional windshield. I'm really leaning towards the batwing. I like the pouch options and the hog tunes kit, although its pricey!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure but I believe I remember a note that the pouches would block the gauges on the Victorys. Hogtunes I'm not sure about but do some research. As far as wind protection I think you get more. Several different windshields are available and I picked the 7" so I could see over it. I'm shorter at 5'8" and I get a little wind on the helmet but not bad. I leave it on all year as I like the sporty look and enjoy the comfort of not being blasted by the wind.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm real happy with my Windvest. Offers a lot of guard against buffeting and general blocking of the wind, with about the least intrusive break in the lines of the bike. But it still looks like a completely different bike with it off. Takes a couple minutes to take it off and about 5 to mount it.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts