Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup I was distracted by Jessica. Tell you what though, I actually checked out some threads on Fat Boy Lo's...you gotta spend huge to make them even begin to run correctly.

Then when they get them all hotted up, they literally run too hot. Burn your leg off hot.

Huge money gets spent....I'd rather just fire up the KP and ride. Power is already freaking there.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
SDmax; that is precisely the reason I switched to Victory after being a die-hard HD guy for 31+ years. Really more like 35 years 'cause I spent a lot of time dreaming about what I was going to do with my first Harley. Naturally it didn't go that way but I did learn a lot along the way. :D

I've told this story here before but I'll say it once more. I had an 07 Night Train that just didn't have the get up and go I thought it should have for a 96 ci so I looked into bumping it up to 103 or 106 and found out I had to rebuild the lower end, basically rebuild the entire motor the way it should have been built from the factory to get the kind of hp and tq I wanted and not worry about the motor grenading under me. That was the last straw for me. I knew HD's weren't all that great by today's standards but I don't like being taken for a chump by anyone; let alone THE Motor Company. Thing is they probably only saved $10-$20 by going with the cheapy parts but they lost 10's of thousands of bucks on just this one customer. Talk about stepping over a $100 bill to pick up a dime!!!

That's when I started eye balling the Vic's and found out I could simply trade in my 07 HD that was only built to handle 100 hp/100 tq or something close to that.

Traded that in for a new 09 Victory Jackpot with a 106 ci, 82 hp/ 103 tq (stock) (at the rear wheel) and the motor would handle up to 140 hp if I so chose to build it up to that. In other words the Victory motor was over built and the HD motor was painfully under built. Very sad. Come to find out that HD started putting inferior Chinese bearings in their 03 and newer big twins. Can't speak to the Sporty's as I only had two of 'em and they were a '68 (second ground up build) and a '79 (bought if for a good price, rode it for a while while fixing it up, and sold it) so I lost track of what was going on with them. Still like them but I'm kind of a big guy so they don't really fit me well.

To be continued...;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts