Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proud to say that I had dealings with a legend who was a gentleman and a guitar hand that guys like Clapton and Stevie Ray called the best.

RIP John.

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
R.I.P. brother.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
RIP. Not many could make a guitar sing like you did

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I had a media pass to take pictures of his brother at a concert about a year ago. Edgar put on a helluva show...RIP Johnny.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I just heard that a couple of hours ago, what a shame.
The man was a legend !!!!
About a week ago I met a guy that toured with Edgar, Johnny, Greg, and Duane.
What a bunch of guys that deserve Kudos

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Legend...

Pop, I'm curious what kind of "dealings" did you have with him? Are you involved in the music industry?
Once upon a time I harbored delusions but reality is a bitch. Anyway I did some grunt work from time to time at the Academy of Music in NYC in the glorious 70's. I got the call to hustle some light and sound when Edgar brought Whitetrash to the Academy for three or four nights. They recorded the Roadwork album during those sets and Johny and Rick Derringer were guest players. Johny had been staying in a big villa up in Westchester county about a mile from my place across the tracks in Portchester. He treated some of us grips like equals and took us out one night as a thank you for burning the midnight oil while they ran through their sessions.

I got to see a lot of music back then and did run into some good folks as well as some mokes. JW was the only one that went out of his way to be seen in public with the help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Once upon a time I harbored delusions but reality is a bitch. Anyway I did some grunt work from time to time at the Academy of Music in NYC in the glorious 70's. I got the call to hustle some light and sound when Edgar brought Whitetrash to the Academy for three or four nights. They recorded the Roadwork album during those sets and Johny and Rick Derringer were guest players. Johny had been staying in a big villa up in Westchester county about a mile from my place across the tracks in Portchester. He treated some of us grips like equals and took us out one night as a thank you for burning the midnight oil while they ran through their sessions.

I got to see a lot of music back then and did run into some good folks as well as some mokes. JW was the only one that went out of his way to be seen in public with the help.
Good story. It must have been pretty interesting doing that kind of work in the 70's....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts