Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 2005 Hammer since new, have rarely ridden it in recent years, but am joining the forum as I get the hammer back on the road. The fuel system has suffered from disuse over the last few years!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome and give Seafoam a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and give Seafoam a try.
Thanks! I did try seafoam and techron to no avail. I also had the fuel system cleaned at a local shop (our local Victory dealer is still in business as a motorcycle shop, but they no longer sell or service Victory bikes.)

When that failed I pulled the pump thinking it was the in-tank filters. It was not. I pulled the injectors and could see deposits in the filter baskets, so I sent them off to injector rehab. One was a little clogged according to the charts I got back, and both are 100% now.

The problem turned out to be the o-rings in the fuel pressure regulator. I was only getting 25psi of fuel pressure, not the 50-52 that the bike needs. $4 of o-rings solved the actual problem, that $300 of labor at the local shop could not solve.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Another of life's lessons learned....always start with the cheap and easy solutions.

·
Registered
530 Posts
another hammer rider chiming in and welcoming you aboard. cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts