Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Jackpot... Put new Cobra front tire on a couple months ago.. within the past week I have developed alot of vibration in the front wheel..

Could this be a front wheel bearing gone bad...?

Check the weights they are still there.. air pressure is right on..

Thanks

·
13,242 Posts
Yes it could be the bearings or it could be the tire.
The only way your going to know is pull the wheel. If you can pull the wheel at home get it off and stick two fingers in the bearing and see if you can feel roughness or some in and out movement when you move the bearing in a circular motion.
Hard to tell you this way.
Roll the wheel and look for cupping or look at the tread and see if there is some changes in it. Even take it to a shop and have them check the balance

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tire/bearing

I had a Road King with a cupped tire... this is completely diff. feeling.. shakes my mirrors so much, can barely see whats behind me...

I ordered the bearings on $23.00 gonna have the tire re-balanced and replace the barings either way..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tire

Yep... It's the freakin tire... I just lifted the bike... Its not cupped.. its not the bearing... I wasted my money or Avons.. I wont do that again... Gonna go back to the Dunlop Elete 3's when these wear down.. Just gonna have to put up with the vibs.

Thanks everyone...

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Yep... It's the freakin tire... I just lifted the bike... Its not cupped.. its not the bearing... I wasted my money or Avons.. I wont do that again... Gonna go back to the Dunlop Elete 3's when these wear down.. Just gonna have to put up with the vibs.

Thanks everyone...
Had same issue with a 21 90/90 Metzeler:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Had same issue with a 21 90/90 Metzeler:cool:
I'm sure all of them probably put out a lemon now and then, but I've only experienced it once with an Avon myself. The tech had to practically glue a brick on the wheel to balance it.

That was a long time ago on a model called the Azaro. Based on the advice of a guy who did Ironbutts on his Ducati, I later tried another Avon called a Storm 44/45. This tire was fine until it got about 6k miles on it then it seemed to lose all affinity for the road. It was *the* scariest thing I ever experienced motorcycling.

A glutton for punishment, I last tried Avon on my Warrior a couple years ago and lo and behold, third time was a charm. The Avon Storm 55/56 were really good tires and I got crazy good mileage out of them. I think it was like 14k miles before I had to replace the front one and about 9k on the rear IIRC. But it sounds like their Quality Control dept is still prone to napping...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts