Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jtd emailed to tell abouut prerelease of new hard lowers, 300 for basic, about 450 for added compartmet and if light and speakers is more. john fron jtd sent the email check it out new parts and options for our ride!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
More info on JTD Hard Lowers

JTD Hard Lowers for XC/XR with forged highway bars (and XCT if you wish to replace the OEM lowers / highway bars) aren't on a limited basis they are available for preorder for a limited time. Those who choose to preorder will get a 20% discount as detailed near the bottom of the thread below. Contact infomation including email and cell phone are in the post that contains the entire email from JTD and a link to several pictures. JTD is also working on a YouTube video displaying these lowers which will be posted in the thread below once available.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4431

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is great news. Have been waiting for these myself, but guess I wasn't high enough on the list to get the pre-release notice myself. I asked to be put on the list just a couple months ago.

Can't wait to hear some reports from the initial set of buyers.

My only concern will be with how to get them painted as I have never had any custom painting done before. Can a person get the right paint at a local home improvement store and spray paint them? My bike is black, so don't expect any special color matching would be necessary.

Cheers,
Randy

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You should take them to an auto body shop but since black is easy to match you may have good results painting them yourself with a high quality spray paint.

·
Registered
243 Posts
just made my order today. seems to me that jtd was using a poster on this bd's bike to use for the hard lowers. If that's so, would love for him to chime in and let us know how the aerodynamics of the lowers affect the ride.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Nope JTD was working with a member named Broe on the VM* who volunteered when JTD said they wanted to give the forged bars a shot. Broe posted questions at least once on what people wanted to see. Then JTD tried to incorporate all the wants into a nice product. As far as ride goes you'll have to call JTD on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts