Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my title pretty much says it all. I believe that the Judge is the best stock bike ever released. It handles well, stops well, the stock exhaust looks good, sounds pretty good and the stock out of the box power to weight ratio is pretty sublime. I usually buy a bike and change, well everything. I have at this moment only a desire to ride. The only bike I have owned that even came close to this was a Star (Yamaha) Raider. I had to change the exhaust because the stock Raider exhaust is ridiculous looking. Tell me what you think, if you agree or have another model you think is better.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well Will i love my judge. Obviously. There are things my buddy loves about it over his vegas 8-ball. I wanted to buy new for the sweet warranty and i got a great deal on her. I can see why people wouldn't take to the mid-mount. I love it. I wish they gave a handle bar option though. Easy enough to swap bars. But the reach will be off-putting to some. The exhaust is okay looking and I can't say for performance yet. Like the light better. The seat is amazing. Handles great. Bars is all I will swap this year. Not quite sure what my options are though. Like the new signal lights. But when it boils down to comfort i perfer everything about the judge over vegas except the reach.

Best stock bike? Victory has a huge line up of bikes you can't really compare...but of the cruisers, yes its the best for me. I see a XC in my future...but not until i retire.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Sorry fellas but THIS is the best cruiser. cheers

dixie r after resize.jpg

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
But you said STOCK though huh? Let me hit the rewind button. Okay, THIS is the best stock cruiser thumb up

dixie before resize.jpg

·
Registered
530 Posts
I looked long and hard at the "boardwalks" (a white one caught my eye) but the fit and price wasn't right. 3 years from now when i start getting bored with the judge by then I'm sure there will be lots of mods to steal from.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
After market bars.

TheBigBK just go ahead and buy some aftermarket 1" handle bars. They are made by all kinds of companies. You can always go into a Harley dealer or Harley parts store and find or order bars. Check out J&P cycle or Dennis Kirk for two examples. You ought to be able to get some for anywhere from $40 up for you bike. You could even look in a salvage yard and maybe get some used ones for less. If chrome is not your thing for handlebars just sand and paint or have have them powder coated. Go ahead and get some they do NOT have to be made from Victory to fit on your bike.:crzy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
So my title pretty much says it all. I believe that the Judge is the best stock bike ever released. It handles well, stops well, the stock exhaust looks good, sounds pretty good and the stock out of the box power to weight ratio is pretty sublime. I usually buy a bike and change, well everything. I have at this moment only a desire to ride. The only bike I have owned that even came close to this was a Star (Yamaha) Raider. I had to change the exhaust because the stock Raider exhaust is ridiculous looking. Tell me what you think, if you agree or have another model you think is better.
He'll no. It needs inverted forks, dual disc brakes, 180 on rear, pull back bars, quarter fairing, 2 into 1 exhaust, the mid mounts to be a little more under you, and since Vic has the ability give us some anti lock.

The XC trounces it if you want a near perfect stock bike. And it can pack 20+ gallons of stuff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I thought the Kingpin just BECAME the boardwalk? I'll have to read up on the major differences in the lines, but i gathered it was nil.
The major difference between the KP and the newer cruisers is that that the KP had far better suspension bits. It also had rims in sizes that are more popular, thus provide a larger selection in tires. I think most would probably find the ergonomics of the KP superior to the Judge too, but that's a fit issue that may vary from person to person.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good lively discussion.

cocheese72, other than ABS the other items you mentioned are not really issues.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, the Judge is a very cool bike, I agree. But a Judge cannot mule a 24-pack of beer in either saddlebag. cheers

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good lively discussion.

cocheese72, other than ABS the other items you mentioned are not really issues.
The Judge is probably the bike I would get for a second bike. It is the closest to what I am looking for, but they miss the mark. If I wanted a stripped down bike and didn't have something already I would get it. I would not trade in my HD or XC for it. It is an improvement from what Vic offers IMHO in looks, going mid mount, losing the chrome, nicer tank, wheels, rear fenders. Vegas 8-ball would be a close second.

But what I mentioned are all things that would improve the bike, and I would do if I had the bike and the money to improve it. They are all parts Vic had sitting in a part bin too. They are all things that would have ran cost up so they probably got scrapped. None of that is needed on the XC.

Since everything that you mentioned is already found on every other Victory and most of the things I mentioned are all improvements, the judge has not done anything to make anyone trade in their Victory besides looks. Maybe trade a Harley, but I doubt they convert many of them with the styling and those side covers.

·
Registered
530 Posts
confused...

The side covers threw me off at first...until i saw the bike in real life. Got to say she isn't too photo genic but in person i love everything about the way she looks (aside from the bars).

But i really don't get the "parts bin" reference i've seen tossed around. By your logic, all victories are parts bin then (especially the cruiser line-up). Not being rude/arguing with you. Perhaps there is somethiong i'm missing in the lingo (i am pretty nooby). But the Judge really is no different then a vegas and a boardwalk and a hammer...they are all different bikes with extra parts...from the bin. If the Judge is parts bin...wouldnt they all be?

·
Registered
304 Posts
The side covers threw me off at first...until i saw the bike in real life. Got to say she isn't too photo genic but in person i love everything about the way she looks (aside from the bars).

But i really don't get the "parts bin" reference i've seen tossed around. By your logic, all victories are parts bin then (especially the cruiser line-up). Not being rude/arguing with you. Perhaps there is somethiong i'm missing in the lingo (i am pretty nooby). But the Judge really is no different then a vegas and a boardwalk and a hammer...they are all different bikes with extra parts...from the bin. If the Judge is parts bin...wouldnt they all be?
If you are referring to my comment, you misread it. I didn't say the bike was parts bin. I said all the parts I would have used to upgrade most of it, were sitting in the parts bin.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My bad cochese, somewhere else in the Judge section it was referred to as "nothing more then a parts bin bike". Since I (thought I) saw you saying it too, i thought maybe there was something i was missing. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts