Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking about putting the original 2013 foot control bracket on my highball. was curious how everyone likes the placement which seems to be mid-primary. I went to sit on one at arlen ness and it was 2014 which apparently now has the same bracket as all the rest of the steel frame bikes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I was thinking about putting the original 2013 foot control bracket on my highball. was curious how everyone likes the placement which seems to be mid-primary. I went to sit on one at arlen ness and it was 2014 which apparently now has the same bracket as all the rest of the steel frame bikes.
In all honesty I hate it. The right foot gets to hot as it is close to the exhaust. When you go to put your feet down at a stop they get in the way. You get use to it to a degree, but on occasion you catch a peg & flip it up so when you pull off & go to set your foot, no peg. I am going to install the Vegas controls, which will move them forward. It may just be me, I am a big guy at 6'4"...

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've put 6000km on my 13 judge in about 2.5 months. I feel no more heat from my pipes then any other bike ive been on. And I have fat calves. Im not sure how you guys ride. Maybe you hug the bike with your knees...but i have no heat on leg issues. Yes Ive dragged my pegs a couple times...but doesn;t everybody? I think I've dragged them maybe a total of three times. Just enough to know i can;t lean that far while turning left onto a hill. Its all preference though. Not knocking anyone elses. But for me, the mid mount is what made the judge different,,,and why i like it so much. I'm glad I got the 13 before the changes were made.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am only 5' 9" and did the 2" forward on my 13 HB... Prior to doing that my bike was pretty uncomfortable at distances. I didn't notice any difference in heat from the exhaust but mostly enjoy having my legs stretched out. I sat on a Judge before buying the HB and I don't care for mid mount controls on a cruiser... I felt like I should be sitting on a sporty or dirt bike but then u look down and your on a cruiser. I would like to sit on a HB with the 4" as I might like it even more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've put 6000km on my 13 judge in about 2.5 months. I feel no more heat from my pipes then any other bike ive been on. And I have fat calves. Im not sure how you guys ride. Maybe you hug the bike with your knees...but i have no heat on leg issues. Yes Ive dragged my pegs a couple times...but doesn;t everybody? I think I've dragged them maybe a total of three times. Just enough to know i can;t lean that far while turning left onto a hill. Its all preference though. Not knocking anyone elses. But for me, the mid mount is what made the judge different,,,and why i like it so much. I'm glad I got the 13 before the changes were made.
I love my Judge, & being a sportbike rider yes I tend to want to hug my knees to the bike. The heat issue is not with my legs but with the heel of my right foot & deals with the routing of the exhaust close to the foot control. Yep drag pegs, don't have an issue with that. Now I am dragging the muffler of the Bassani, at least the fasteners that hold the baffle. The controls maybe a mid mount for a cruiser, but as far as other bikes, it is still forward. You want to experience a mid foot control, sit on a Triump Tiger or something similiar. Control positioning like most things, a personal preference. Being tall stretching out a bit will not hurt me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I came off a sport bike and the judge was a nice transition. After about 3500 miles I changed to vegas forward controls and the bike feels a bit more comfortable. After I put the RPW exhaust it was a little warm on my leg but stock was fine. I am 6'1" so that may have a little to do with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I came off a sport bike and the judge was a nice transition. After about 3500 miles I changed to vegas forward controls and the bike feels a bit more comfortable. After I put the RPW exhaust it was a little warm on my leg but stock was fine. I am 6'1" so that may have a little to do with it.
I am 6'4". Now have a Bassani exhaust & like the stock exhaust, the rear cylinder pipe comes right down next to the foot control so that your boot heel gets very warm. The control location also gets in the way when I go to put my feet down & I have to be very conscious of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looking to swap 2011 Vegas 8 Ball controls with the 2013 Judge as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts