Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home my judge yesterday and I'm already thinking of mods.

Exhaust! The stock one is so quiet. I'm wondering if the slash exhaust that you see on some of the hammer 8-ball pics, would fit the judge? Also thinking about the ripper exhaust. Does a dealer need to instal the exhaust, or can I do it at home?

I'm thinking of ordering the cheese wedges from a high ball to put on my bike.

How can I bring the handle bars about an inch closer to me? I'm 5'8" and it'd be a tad more comfortable.

How can I increase performance?

What about removable, hard saddle bags?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Take your time and look at the many pipe options you have. The Victory Swept pipes; sold by dealers. Are the worst performing pipe available.
You can install your own exhaust, but you will also need to do something about fueling
For the bars, you will need to replace them, or find a set of risers with a bit more pulback
Performance......Use search feature and READ

·
Registered
265 Posts
I brought home my judge yesterday and
I'm thinking of ordering the cheese wedges from a high ball to put on my bike.
If you opt to change your wedges, please PM me. I would be interested in purchasing them.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok made a few changes just need to get the pics loaded first i chopped the handlebars 2" and took the mufflers off and welded on some different tips looks and sounds killer. oh and i spraybombed her as well

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice Sands. It's a start. I'm super stoked to see what people will do in the future. My Judge will stay stock for this season, mostly. One thing i do want to do is bring the bars back an inch. I like your -2" a lot, but will probably need to find some risers, or, was thinking the V drag bars might do the trick but cant seem to find any kind of length info on 'em. (bit of a noob though). Either way keep posting pics and ill keep stealin tricks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
As soon as I get my camaro sold I want to do the rear spring (ass up in the air a little more), lock n ride sheild and get the bags. I thought about changing the exhaust to the black cobra with chrome tip but the stock is growing on me.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i want to do a hid and a lil something else up front cant tell u just yet lol. but ya i want to lift the ass a lot idk if 1 inch is enough was thinking a sport bike shock $40 on ebay. and the exhaust canisters are so damn heavy so drill holes in them are take them off you wont go back

·
Registered
530 Posts
MODs

So what are we thinking for handle bar options guys? I need to pull mine back at least an inch, but i'd like two. Anyone had any ideas? I have a hard time judging pull back in pics and its not listed on the website. The hammer drag bars look nice, but i'm wondering if they'll do the job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm wondering the same. I'd like an inch of rise and an inch of pullback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put Vegas 8Ball bars on mine (and finally got to go for a short ride). If you're looking to sit up some I recommend it, amazing difference. It does take a front brake line change tho.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Why not just adjust your preload to raise the rear? The stock shock is set for a 180 lb rider and leaves the suspension a little soft for anyone even near that weight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not just adjust your preload to raise the rear? The stock shock is set for a 180 lb rider and leaves the suspension a little soft for anyone even near that weight.
??WTF?? Not sure what's going on here....

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
So what are we thinking for handle bar options guys? I need to pull mine back at least an inch, but i'd like two. Anyone had any ideas? I have a hard time judging pull back in pics and its not listed on the website. The hammer drag bars look nice, but i'm wondering if they'll do the job.

I've heard those are hard to hang onto. Needs more spring preload.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The primary reason is that by increasing the pre-load you aren't actually raising the rear, you are just decreasing the amount of sag. Those in the know say it should be set at ~30 mm for best results. I tend to set mine by feel.

Assuming both the long and short shocks have the same spring rate, setting them both for a 30 mm sag will still result in an extra inch of travel and considerably more ground clearance (actual rise height would require knowledge of the shock's angle from vertical) for the longer shock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts