Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Judge and CAN NOT WAIT for winter to go away. Beautiful bike, not brand loyal but I am very impressed with what Victory is doing. The nail in the HD coffin came from the local bike show a few weeks ago.

I had been eye balling the vegas for a couple seasons now. My buddy bought one and i loved it. But coming from an enduro i took to the mid mount of the judge really fast. Kind of like meeting me half way. So when the bike show came around i, of course, went straight to the Vic booth. Guys over at Route 1 Motorsports in Halifax NS were great. Nice, laid back, question answering guys. Let me sit my ass all over their rides for as long as i wanted. Gave me great info (and a good price quote on the judge). Strolled on over to the HD booth and was pestered, told i could only sit on a couple of their bikes, they pestered me to sit down and talk numbers with them and had this pompous non-inviting attitude the air of desperation was a tad bit pathetic. They did have popcorn though....but im not falling for the old pavlovian trick. Smell popcorn think Harley. So ya i crunched some numbers with the boys down at Route 1 and here i am intro'ing mysyelf online...instead of riding my bike....man this is going to be a long month and a half (month if im lucky). Can't wait for this years season!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just bought a Judge and CAN NOT WAIT for winter to go away. Beautiful bike, not brand loyal but I am very impressed with what Victory is doing. The nail in the HD coffin came from the local bike show a few weeks ago.

I had been eye balling the vegas for a couple seasons now. My buddy bought one and i loved it. But coming from an enduro i took to the mid mount of the judge really fast. Kind of like meeting me half way. So when the bike show came around i, of course, went straight to the Vic booth. Guys over at Route 1 Motorsports in Halifax NS were great. Nice, laid back, question answering guys. Let me sit my ass all over their rides for as long as i wanted. Gave me great info (and a good price quote on the judge). Strolled on over to the HD booth and was pestered, told i could only sit on a couple of their bikes, they pestered me to sit down and talk numbers with them and had this pompous non-inviting attitude the air of desperation was a tad bit pathetic. They did have popcorn though....but im not falling for the old pavlovian trick. Smell popcorn think Harley. So ya i crunched some numbers with the boys down at Route 1 and here i am intro'ing mysyelf online...instead of riding my bike....man this is going to be a long month and a half (month if im lucky). Can't wait for this years season!
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Good read over my moring coffee... heheh Hope the weather clears quickly OR you get a good deal on some rain gear as it thaws... Safe ridin

Tim

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim,

Living on the East Coast of Canada i am no stranger to rain gear. I think my rain gear was nicer then my last bike. Its the ice I'm waiting for. I garuntee there will still be those parking lot snow banks when the rubber hits the road. Cheers!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Now that you've been exposed to the two different marketing styles..the choice was clear. Good luck and ride safe. What color did you choose?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrat on the Judge! You'll love it but be careful with tight corners until you're used to it because it will drag pegs fairly easily.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue; i went with black. The Suede Nuclear sunset was pretty...i guess. But where i fancy myself an amature paint guy i know its just a matter of time until i get some custom paint so may as well go with the base black. I will enjoy it for at least this season as is and stock (aside from new bars). But i can't promise i wont strip her down in those long winter months and give her some new clothes.

And thanks for the heads up Ammo. This is my first big cruiser...last bike was a klr 650 so I will definitely be taking her slow and easy for the first little bit...at least thats what i tell myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts