Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Judge since it came out. I haven't been able to seriously consider one until I sell my current bike which may finally happen soon. I've been to three dealers, each a couple of times, since last year and it appears that all three of the dealers still have their original Judges on the floor. Is it my imagination, or is the Judge a bit "slow" to take off sales-wise?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I've been looking at the Judge since it came out. I haven't been able to seriously consider one until I sell my current bike which may finally happen soon. I've been to three dealers, each a couple of times, since last year and it appears that all three of the dealers still have their original Judges on the floor. Is it my imagination, or is the Judge a bit "slow" to take off sales-wise?
Time to beat them up for that deal that comes once in a lifetime. Good luck! cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Virginia. There are a number of Judges available, I'm trying to figure out if they're going to be around very long. I used to have a 2001 Sport Cruiser. I really liked the bike but it sold in very low numbers, had very limited accessories and was discontinued after two model years. It seems as though every bike I like is the model that tanks quickly. I don't want to buy a Judge and have it end up the same way the SC did.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm in Virginia. There are a number of Judges available, I'm trying to figure out if they're going to be around very long. I used to have a 2001 Sport Cruiser. I really liked the bike but it sold in very low numbers, had very limited accessories and was discontinued after two model years. It seems as though every bike I like is the model that tanks quickly. I don't want to buy a Judge and have it end up the same way the SC did.
This is exactly why I WOULD buy a Judge bro, because it isnt EVERYONEs bike! Honestly, it was a swaying point in buying my Vision over the Goldwing and Roadglide as well as a reason to hang onto my TC as they are not on every corner. I think the Judge is a good lookin ride and don't think you will have the problems with dressing it out with the Vic Vendors we have online now and injinuity for what they don't have. AND as CR said, time to shop for them Deals. Im down in Chesapeake and wound up buying my VV in GA. Believe it or not, the deal was so good it covered my flight and gas back plus I got my breakin done in one whack and had a great ride!

My 2 cents... Get the Judge if thats the bike you want. What happen with the SC since the HAMMER engine and SC style was NEW to the scene is not going to happen now days.

Keep us posted!!!!

Tim

·
Registered
690 Posts
The judge is just a Vegas with short fenders and mid controls. I say you should get the bike you like and not worry about it being canceled or dropped from the line up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you like the bike then get it, who cares if it gets discontinued. Victory may change the names of the bikes but they use only a few platforms so there will be parts that are interchangeable with other models. I have a Suzuki M50 which was not a popular bike but I like it and it now has a small cult following. The XR is kind of in the same boat as the judge but that is the bike I wanted so I got it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just bought a Judge! Could explain the deal i got on it...pretty good i gotta say. But like a couple have said...in a weird way i like the fact they may not be selling like the vegas (for example)...not on every corner. And if the model does go tits up, again like others said, its not like you wont be able to buy parts that fit because in the end its a Victory...

·
Registered
22 Posts
i love my judge! i can care less if they stop making them ill still chop mine till its what i want it to be. theres pics of my bike in judge mods

·
Registered
782 Posts
I called this on the day they announced the bike. It's very generic looking, has nothing exciting about it, and is essentially a parts-bin bike branded as a cool new thing.

It'll be discontinued very quickly.

With so many other gorgeous and exciting Victory models available, this one was doomed from the get-go. They should have just listened to their customers, and created something to fill the gaps in their lineup instead of tossing out a boring retread.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Maybe youre right Bandit but I love my judge. If and when i get sick of the mid mount controls ill put forward ones on it...when that happens its another Victory. Who really cares if its not that much different. Aren't most Vics within reach of a few parts from eachother? I agree its not much of a change but being that i fell in love with the vegas and like the mid mounts whats the problem? Yes i agree they should put out a "new" design not just another mash up....but its the standard victory design that got me to buy it. The model may die....but i got mine!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I called this on the day they announced the bike. It's very generic looking, has nothing exciting about it, and is essentially a parts-bin bike branded as a cool new thing.

With so many other gorgeous and exciting Victory models available, this one was doomed from the get-go. They should have just listened to their customers, and created something to fill the gaps in their lineup instead of tossing out a boring retread.
Wow!
From somone that rides a a dime a dozen Harley. At the price point the Judge is marketed at it does just fine. It has it's own seat, wheels, Head lamp and paint schemes. It is hardly boring. I happen to love this bike especially at the price I got it for. But all of us Judge owners appreciate the jab.thumb up
Matter of fact it is the only bike that made me put down the magazine that I saw it in and go buy one a couple days later.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wow!
From somone that rides a a dime a dozen Harley. At the price point the Judge is marketed at it does just fine. It has it's own seat, wheels, Head lamp and paint schemes. It is hardly boring. I happen to love this bike especially at the price I got it for. But all of us Judge owners appreciate the jab.thumb up
Matter of fact it is the only bike that made me put down the magazine that I saw it in and go buy one a couple days later.
Meh. I owned my Hammer S a lot longer than I've owned my Harley for. Loved it, but now I ride something with better handling (even at a walking pace, even though this bike is 820lbs), more comfort, more features (factory alarm, keyless ignition, etc), better dealer support and a larger aftermarket.

Doesn't take away from the fact that I loved my Hammer S. But the Judge just came right out of the gate as a mediocre design, a generic look that resembled a bike that may have been designed in the 1980s. There seemed to be no reason to even create it honestly. Victory has been known for some cutting edge design, this seemed like a step backwards.

Apparently, most of the buying public seems to agree. While some may say how great that is because that means less on the road, and a greater feeling of exclusivity... they won't feel so proud when they go to sell or trade it and the depreciation is significantly higher. At some point, Vic will have to blow out what they haven't sold, for stupid low prices. Devaluing the bikes you own severely.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Meh. I owned my Hammer S a lot longer than I've owned my Harley for. Loved it, but now I ride something with better handling (even at a walking pace, even though this bike is 820lbs), more comfort, more features (factory alarm, keyless ignition, etc), better dealer support and a larger aftermarket.

Doesn't take away from the fact that I loved my Hammer S. But the Judge just came right out of the gate as a mediocre design, a generic look that resembled a bike that may have been designed in the 1980s. There seemed to be no reason to even create it honestly. Victory has been known for some cutting edge design, this seemed like a step backwards.

Apparently, most of the buying public seems to agree. While some may say how great that is because that means less on the road, and a greater feeling of exclusivity... they won't feel so proud when they go to sell or trade it and the depreciation is significantly higher. At some point, Vic will have to blow out what they haven't sold, for stupid low prices. Devaluing the bikes you own severely.
I have to admit it is nice not being "one of the crowd" riding the judge. But I hardly bought the bike for exclusivity. But it is nice to know that you have all the data and make the decisions at Victory. You are our "go to" now for what is good and what is a flop and all future development. I wonder what the Judges sales numbers are compared to the Kingpin and or the Hammer?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I don't see the judge as generic looking at all. Just the opposite I think the reason it may be a slow seller is that it's not a standard cruiser. With the unique fuel tank, drag bar, mid-control and mag style wheels it doesn't check the boxes that a more traditional cruiser does, much like the Sport Cruiser when it came out. All of those points are exactly why I was drawn to the Sport Cruiser, and why I like the Judge. Actually I think most Victory bikes can be considered "parts bin" bikes. As I understand things, there are basically three platforms from which all of the models are built by using different parts (mostly body parts, handlebars, wheels). That's a common practice that many manufacturers use, including HD across all of their product lines.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm getting closer to buying a Judge (or at least I think I am). So now the question is Orange or Red? I think I like the Orange a bit better, but I'm a bit nervous about the matte finish. I've never had a bike with a matte finish and I'm concerned about durability and general care. How is the Orange holding up in everyday use?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm getting closer to buying a Judge (or at least I think I am). So now the question is Orange or Red? I think I like the Orange a bit better, but I'm a bit nervous about the matte finish. I've never had a bike with a matte finish and I'm concerned about durability and general care. How is the Orange holding up in everyday use?
It was sunset red all the way for me. The paint is very nice especially in the sun. The orange(in person) just did not do it for me. Everyones taste in color is different though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't see the judge as generic looking at all. Just the opposite I think the reason it may be a slow seller is that it's not a standard cruiser. With the unique fuel tank, drag bar, mid-control and mag style wheels it doesn't check the boxes that a more traditional cruiser does, much like the Sport Cruiser when it came out. All of those points are exactly why I was drawn to the Sport Cruiser, and why I like the Judge. Actually I think most Victory bikes can be considered "parts bin" bikes. As I understand things, there are basically three platforms from which all of the models are built by using different parts (mostly body parts, handlebars, wheels). That's a common practice that many manufacturers use, including HD across all of their product lines.
This. Coming off a naked standard this felt very cruiser like to me.
Coming off a HD road king or similar not so much.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I certainly didn't buy it to be exclusive...that's a Harley thing! But seriously. I saved my pennies and dreamed about buying a victory for 2 years. Then I saw the judge. I just like it. I didn't buy it with the intention to re-sell it. I think that's a silly reason/motivator to buy a bike. In case you haven't noticed HD's resale is't anything like it used to be either. I bought this bike to ride until retirement. 15 years. In 15 years i doubt it will look anything like it does now...may not even want an upgrade then. To far away (and too many projects away) to speculate.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the Judge is selling just a bit better. I pick mine up Saturday. First Victory since I sold my SC back in around 2004.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts