Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 4800 miles in a year and i cant take the stock pipes any more. any one have RPW thor, slash, or deal? i am leaning towards thor, wondering what you all got and if your happy with it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
many happy thor owners

the thor will perform better for sure, a tri-pro was on my hammer when i bought it but the thor or newer bassani midlength would have been my choice

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the big slash and love it; great sound, good power, looks great. But I don't recommend getting it because I like being different from others :nanana::nanana:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I have the Thor. Nice sound. Not too loud until you get into the throttle. The performance is said to be one of the best when you go by the dyno.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Went to a Bassani, loved the look & sound but hated the lack of ground clearance. Just went to the RPW Deal, now have ground clearance. Sound is different, though still breaking in, it is a bit quieter & a lower rumble than the Bassani. Took a look on removal, the back bolt for the baffle was well ground & there were scrape marks near the collector where I had been touching down.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I recently installed the Slash , I must say they will never scrape and they sound the bomb ! Scraping was a major issue with my Bassani's ... Not any more .....:D PS , they look awesome too !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
slash it is

so i went with the big slash, looks great i just have to wait for my next day off to install.i am complementing the pipes with victory stage 1 and k&n air filter. il let u guys know how it turns out

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha. my dealer was booked up so i waited till i could get an appointment to install the tune. i got them on but the gap between the muffler and the head pipe heat shields is 1/4 inch, its an ugly gap. i was thinking about cutting head pipe, it might close the gap. does any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fit and finish

the gap between the heat shields and muffler is to big on the lower pipe(front cylinder), upper pipe(rear cylinder) looks good. powder coat is not great. the rear brake lever had to be ground down a 1/4 inch underneath, and 3 washers was used in between frame and foot control bracket because the were rubbing.your foot is real close to exhaust pipe. it does sound awesome, and curve of pipe matches tank nice. victory performance tune and k&n air filter smoothed out the power through the rpm range, seems a little quicker too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts