Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchase one yet? I asked my dealer several months ago about this seat and have yet to hear anything. I need to give them a call soon about accessories. If anyone has one mounted please post impressions and pics.

Thanks,

Darryl

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Anyone purchase one yet? I asked my dealer several months ago about this seat and have yet to hear anything. I need to give them a call soon about accessories. If anyone has one mounted please post impressions and pics.
Are you riding with a passenger? Just from the looks of it, it's gone the wrong way. It's scooped out even more which will put one farther from the forward bars with their hips even lower with respect to their knees.

They talk about the increased back support this gives, but on a bike with a forward cant like this one, what's the point? It's like putting a rider backrest on a GSXR.

The increased passenger area seems to be the best feature of the seat from what they show.

For the money they want for it, you'd probably do a lot better to get your own seat modified by a specialty guy like this:

http://www.day-long.com/gallery_Victory.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you riding with a passenger? Just from the looks of it, it's gone the wrong way. It's scooped out even more which will put one farther from the forward bars with their hips even lower with respect to their knees.

They talk about the increased back support this gives, but on a bike with a forward cant like this one, what's the point? It's like putting a rider backrest on a GSXR.

The increased passenger area seems to be the best feature of the seat from what they show.

For the money they want for it, you'd probably do a lot better to get your own seat modified by a specialty guy like this:

http://www.day-long.com/gallery_Victory.html
This is what I was thinking from the stock photo. Sometimes add on accessory type software like on the Victory website can be misleading as far as padding, height etc. But you are correct. If it is ANY lower ...no good. I would actually like to add padding to the seat for a little more height and cut some padding out from the back rest area so I can scoot back a bit. I get a sore tailbone on 100 mile rides. Just want a bit more comfort and the bike will be great.
Overall position is slightly cramped for a 6 footer but more of what I am used to coming off the Aprilia. Just needs some tweeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts