Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Harley rider for many years. I'm now the proud owner of a '12 Jackpot, fireball red w/ white scallops. There is just no comparison. The Victory is smoother, lighter, and much better handling.
I do see some exhaust work and maybe a Wide Open Customs fairing in the future.
Does this mean I have to get rid of all my Harley shirts?

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
I've been a Harley rider for many years. I'm now the proud owner of a '12 Jackpot, fireball red w/ white scallops. There is just no comparison. The Victory is smoother, lighter, and much better handling.
I do see some exhaust work and maybe a Wide Open Customs fairing in the future.
Does this mean I have to get rid of all my Harley shirts?
Congrats! I'm a Harley convert too.

Go ahead and wear those shirts out. You paid good money for 'em. Plus it'll drive your HD buddies bonkers. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sold my ElectraGlide and was getting ready to buy a Dyna. We had a contest at work, and I walked away with the new Jackpot. (yeah, I work for a kick ass company)
I had all intentions of selling it and buying the Dyna. But when I saw it, I was pretty sure I was going to keep it. After riding it, there was no way I was going to get rid of it.
Trying to figure out the picture thing, get one up when I figure it out.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Great way to get a new bike.

Congrats on your new bike and the price was right! Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums, you may have the most unique introduction to Victory so far! I'm sure you were happy as hell winning the JP and I'm glad to see you chose to keep it rather than trading for the Dyna.

As far as your HD duds go just keep wearing them. Like Bbob says you paid them plus you're riding a bike not entering a fasion show.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The HD shirt thing WAS a joke...it's so hard to convey sarcasm in text form. That said...during the drawing at the Mid America Truck Show in Louisville, I was wearing a Harley shirt. The sexy Misha Johnson (yes, THE Misha from ISOC snowmobile racing and Softball 360 on ESPN2) asked me before the drawing if I wanted to change shirts, I declined. I'll keep my HD leather (it was an X-Mas gift a few years ago).
It seems that Victory puts more emphasis on building a kick ass bike, than marketing the clothing line.
All in all though, I really like the bike a lot. Living in Minnesota, I'm going to try to get to a few of the Victory events, and will more than likely ride the Jackpot to Sturgis this year. Something I haven't done since the 50th anniversary in 1990...I only went to see the Allman Brothers. I made that trip on a hard tail Sportster from central Ill. This time I'll have a shorter trip...on a bike with shocks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome! My local dealer has that same one at their shop for sale as well. It looks great! My dad bought a used 07 Sportster so I am having a blast picking on him why Victory makes better bikes. His jaw dropped when I told him my engine was 1730cc's :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats, I'm a recent Harley convert as well. I just sold off my 2009 Ultra Classic, took care of a few bills and bought a 2007 Victory Kingpin Touring for cash with only 3400 miles on it. I agree the engine in these Victories is soo much smoother and runs much cooler than my old Harley. I like the custom style of a Victory like the large wheels and the sculpted tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts