Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am a new victory owner and member. I want to do some work on my new bike ( 2008 Kingpin ) while the snow flys up here. I want to add a windshield, bags and a few accesories so my questions are about brand quality. I am impressed with the national windshield product but it is hard to tell if the mounting is as good as victorys at double the price. Has anyone used ghostmounts or easymounts for their bags? Do they rattle? Are they secure and strong? Also has anyone changed out the air intake on this bike to a k&n or something like that? Did it make a differanc as far as performance and where did you get it? Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
pretty much everyone gets new filters, the k&n is nice, there pretty cheap on ebay just make sure you get a vented air box cover, but if i was you i would just spend the money and get a ness, lloydz, PMRT, S&S whatever there is tons of options as far as sir intakes, if it was me i would replace the entire stock air box and go with an aftermarket set up, hope this helps

-ACE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hew Cowtown. Hope all is well with the KP. I went with a Memphis Shades Fats windshield. The mounts are removeable, but with 4 allens, not a quick release. Takes about 2-3 minutes for on/off. The brackets look pretty good but are not as nice as the Vics. The price for the Vic windshield and quick release mount scared me away. All in all I am very happy with the windshield. Used the matching lowers as well. (Dont skimp on the lowers regadless of whos you use. They make a huge difference once you have a windshiled in play.) I have custom leather saddlebags being made up and they come with EasyBrackets. Will let you know about rattles etc.. once there on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I put a Memphis Shades Speed Demon on mine. They are good quality for the money, and make a model similar to the Vic shield. I would recommend Memphis Shades.

You can go simply with a K&N filter and vented cover without having to adjust the ecu, and you get minor performance enhancement-slightly better throttle response and some sound. But, to do it right, you've got to go to Lloydz website and get the proper intake and exhaust kit for your model year. Huge performance gains are available, but plan to spend a grand! Check out Lloydz website for comparisons of different intake and pipe configurations with dyno results! It's like being a kid in a candy store!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi
I want to add a windshield, bags and a few accesories Also has anyone changed out the air intake on this bike to a k&n or something like that? Did it make a differanc as far as performance and where did you get it? Cheers
Memphis Shades make a very good windshield at half the price of Victory's.
I went with the Tsukayu Strong hard bags and matching tour trunk
There are lots of choices out there for accesories, I started with a set of stage 1 Drag pipes and to go with the pipes an intake is a great addition. I went with a Torque Tube intake from Lloydz and yes there is a great change in how it runs thumb upthumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.